Carriage availability update, May 2018
We are sorry for the disruption some of you have faced in recent months while some of our trains have been unavailable for service. This is the result of two different issues:
- Two sets of our 4-carriage trains were damaged in an incident at East Ham depot last October. These have both now been repaired and are back in service.
- Several sets of our 4-carriage trains were damaged by the “Beast from the East” storm in March. Most of these trains have been repaired and are now back in service, but one 4-carriage train is still unavailable while key parts are repaired in Switzerland.
We hope that this final damaged train will be fully repaired and back in service in July, but until our full fleet is available, the following services will continue to be amended:
- 07.37 Leigh-on-Sea to Fenchurch Street service will be formed of 8 carriages
- 17.43 Fenchurch Street to Shoeburyness service will call additionally at Laindon
- 17.46 Fenchurch Street to Leigh-on-Sea service will be formed of 8 carriages
We are sorry if these changes impact on the comfort of your journey, and we will continue to keep you updated.