15 November 2023 •
East London and south Essex train operator c2c is making several alterations to its timetable in December, including adding several services during peak times and running the new 720 trains on the Ockendon line on Saturdays.
The changes follow customer feedback, with the new services supporting the operator’s plans to increase capacity across the route.
The train times will change from Sunday 10 December and the key changes are as follows:
Mondays to Fridays:
- 07:21 Leigh-on-Sea to Fenchurch Street – this is an additional service
- 07:37 Leigh-on-Sea to Fenchurch Street – this is an additional service
- 07:29 Thorpe Bay to Fenchurch Street – will no longer call at Laindon
- 16:48 Pitsea to Fenchurch Street – will call additionally at West Ham.
- Many Ockendon line services will be formed of c2c’s new 5-car 720 units
c2c Managing Director, Rob Mullen, said:
The new December timetable broadly maintains our current service levels across the c2c route but we have added several new peak trains in the morning to bolster capacity, as well as running our new 720 trains on the Ockendon line on Saturdays.
We continue to monitor customer levels and we will strengthen our services wherever we are able
Customers can view the December timetable here.