Safer Travel Pledge
With pubs, cinemas and more shops opening back up, the health and wellbeing of our passengers and staff is our top priority. If you have to travel, we want to ensure that you are able to do so safely and with confidence. This is our safer travel pledge to you as part of National Rail’s UK-wide industry pledge.
- We have been running our full timetable since mid-May to help with social distancing
- We have extended all off-peak services to run as 8-carriage trains to provide extra room on board
- New social distancing signs and announcements on trains and at stations to help you get around safely
- Focusing on a punctual service to reduce delays
- Cleaning our trains and stations more frequently, with added focus on the frequent touch-points
- Using powerful anti-viral cleaning products to give added protection
Helping with hygiene
- Providing hand sanitiser at our stations to help you keep your hands clean
- Providing advice and reminders to all passengers on the requirement to wear a face covering unless you are exempt
- Launching a new service that alerts you to crowding and disruption on your journey before you travel – sign up at National Rail
- Providing advice on our busiest times of travel so you can avoid the most popular trains
- Making more people available to provide advice and answer your questions to help you get on your way
To help us keep you safe, you can…
- Avoid busy times - Travel at quieter times and keep your distance wherever possible
- Wash your hands – Carry hand sanitiser and wash your hands before and after your journey
- Bring a face covering– Make sure you wear a face covering through your journey unless you are exempt
- Check before you travel – Plan ahead by clicking here
- Travel with with a contactless or Smartcard – Reduce unnecessary contact with others on your journey
You can find out more about what we’re doing to help you Travel Safe, Travel Smart and Keep Apart here.
The Travel Safe Pledge is part of National Rail’s UK-wide railway initiative. You can find out more about it here.