Refunds during Industrial Action
09 June 2022 •
This information is for customers that bought their train tickets directly from the c2c website, c2c Train Travel App or a c2c ticket office or Ticket Machine. If you bought your train ticket from a different retailer then you will need to contact them for your refund. Please note that this page is for refunds on tickets where customers are yet to travel or did not travel. If you were delayed on your journey please submit a claim for Delay Repay here.
Please note that an Admin Fee of £10 may be charged on Daily ticket refunds and that an Admin Fee of £10 will be charged on all season ticket refunds, including Flexi Season tickets.
Tickets bought at c2c stations
simply return it to the ticket office to ask for a refund, or collect a comments form from a ticket office and post to us along with your ticket or send to us with a covering letter addressed to:
c2c Customer Relations, FREEPOST ADM3968, Southend, SS1 1ZS
For unused Smartcard tickets please use the online form here to claim for your refund.
Please include a picture of your smartcard clearly showing your smartcard number.
Season Ticket holders (monthly or longer only) who do not travel, can claim 100% compensation through Delay Repay for the strike dates. Flexi Season Ticket holders who have activated a day’s travel for a strike day and choose then not to travel, can claim 100% compensation for these days through Delay Repay if their journey is valid for one or more legs, on a train company impacted by industrial action. Claim Delay Repay here.
If you bought your Season Ticket directly from us, we can generally give you a refund if there is:
- Seven days (or more) left on a Season Ticket valid between one and ten months.
- 7-Day Season Tickets and Travelcards which have not started yet can be refunded, if you usually buy weekly tickets daily tickets may be more value for money when there is industrial action.
- For an Annual Season Ticket, there may not be any monetary value left if it is surrendered in the last couple of months of validity. Annual Season tickets have no refund value after 10 months and 12 days, although they are still valid for travel until the expiry date and you can continue to enjoy any Gold Card benefits along with it.
- These can be refunded at any time but may only be backdated with evidence that illness prevented you from travelling (National Rail Conditions of Travel, 40.4).
- For 7-day season tickets and Flexi season tickets the refund is calculated by deducting the price of the anytime day return fare for each day you’ve travelled. If there are only 1 or 2 Flexi Season tickets remaining on your Flexi bundle, generally there will be no refund value remaining.
Please note a £10 admin fee is charged for all season ticket refunds.
Please request a refund by filling out our online refund form here.
Please include a picture of the smartcard, and also if you have an Annual Season Ticket please include a picture of the paper Gold Record Card torn in two.