How to apply for our Smart Student Scheme
Download the c2c Travel Travel app on iOS or Android.Download the c2c Train Travel app
Order your c2c Smartcard via the app, it should arrive by post in five working days.
Contact your college with your name (as it appears on the card), date of birth, and Smartcard number.
Once your college has confirmed your student status with us, we’ll email you your discount code.
Use your code to buy your discounted student travel tickets in the c2c Train Travel app.
Your student discount is valid for one academic year. If you’ve already got a Smartcard, and are entering another year at college, simply speak to the administrator at your school or college.
They will contact us to let us know that you’re still eligible for the Student Smartcard discount.
We’ll then email you your new discount code to use when buying your tickets in the c2c Train Travel app.
Student travel FAQs
Which colleges are in the Smart Student scheme?
Smart Student is available to full time* students, aged 16+, and studying at the following schools and colleges:
- Barking Abbey School
- Central Training Group
- The Coopers’ Company and Coborn School
- Harris Academy Chafford Hundred
- Harris Academy Riverside
- Hassenbrook Academy
- Havering College of Further & Higher Education
- Havering Sixth Form College
- King John School
- National College Creative Industries
- Ormiston Park Academy
- Robert Clack School
- Sacred Heart of Mary Girls School
- Shoeburyness High School
- Southend Adult Community (Available for all full time students and apprentices)
- South Essex College (Available for all full time students 16+, part time students aged 16-19 and apprentices aged 16-19)
- Southend High School for Boys
- Southend High School for Girls
- Stanford & Corringham Sixth Form College
- St Bernard’s High School
- St Cleres School
- St Thomas More High School
- The Campion School
- Thorpe Hall School
- University of Essex
- USP College (Seevic campus and Palmer’s campus)
- Westcliff High School for Boys
- Westcliff High School for Girls
How long will my new Student Smartcard take to arrive?
You’ll receive your Student Smartcard within three to 10 days, so make sure you sign up for yours as soon as possible.
My student discount isn't working
Please ensure that the email address your discount is linked to is the same as the one registered to your Smartcard account. Please speak to your college or school administrator, they will need to confirm your enrollment before the discount is activated. If you have already tried this give our team a call on 0345 744 4422.The discount is only valid on journeys between your home station and nearest station to the college/university you are attending.
I’ve lost my Student Smartcard
Please speak to the administrator at your school or college who can make sure you get a new card which is activated with you Smart Student discount.