Take a look at the services you can book when you contact us on Passenger Assist:
- Assistance for your full journey, even if it involves travel on the services of another operator.
- Help to get on or off the train
- The installation of a ramp to help you get on and off trains
- One of our staff, ready to meet you when you arrive at our station
- Assistance with buying a ticket
- Guidance for visually impaired passengers
- Help with carrying luggage.
Although there are limits to the type of assistance we provide, we always aim to be as helpful as we can. However, we cannot provide personal care (for example, help with eating, drinking, taking medication or using the toilet) or personal attendance throughout a customer’s journey.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements (even if it isn’t on the list) and we will advise you on what we can do to help with your travel arrangements.
Working with ATOC and other train operation companies, we support the Journey Planner on the National Rail Enquiries (NRE) website at www.nationalrail.co.uk. Entitled: ‘Stations Made Easy’, it gives passengers access to station information, diagrams of the station and photographs of key installations. This facility enables passengers to view station facilities and to plan their journeys according to their disability. Please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for more details. The National Rail Enquiry Service is available 24 hours, every day on 03457 48 49 5; the company also provides a handy textphone service on 0845 60 50 600