c2c Goes the Extra Mile for the London Marathon
National Express train operator c2c is providing extra trains, extra seats, extra staff, and free travel for marathon runners to mark the 2015 London Marathon on Sunday 26 April.
16 extra trains will be added to c2c’s normal Sunday timetable to help runners and their supporters get to the event:
- Seven extra trains from Laindon to Fenchurch Street between 07.50 and 10.50
- Eight extra trains from Fenchurch Street to Laindon between 15.30 and 19.00
- An additional early train from Grays to Fenchurch Street via Rainham at 07.29
In addition, more than 80 trains are being doubled in length to eight carriages, including every service via Basildon and key trains via Ockendon. Combined, the additional trains and extra carriages will provide more than 30,000 extra seats for passengers.
Runners in the London Marathon will be able to travel free to and from the event on any c2c service simply by showing their race number instead of a ticket.
c2c will also have extra staff at stations to help the extra passengers who are expected to travel.
c2c Delivery Director Kevin Frazer said: “The London Marathon is one of the biggest charity events of the year, and we want to do our bit to help everyone who is either raising money, or cheering them on. We know how popular the event is locally, so we hope our combination of extra trains, extra seats, extra staff, and free travel for runners will make it as easy as possible for everyone who is going to enjoy – or endure – the big event.”
c2c’s special timetable for the day is available at: http://www.c2c-online.co.uk/media/905181/wk05supublic.pdf
- For more information please contact Chris Atkinson on 020 7444 1868 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- About c2c: c2c is the award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. c2c is delivering the best performance in the UK rail industry, holding the UK records for annual punctuality (97.5%) and 4-weekly punctuality (98.8%) by a franchised train operator. c2c was named London’s best commuter operator in Which? magazine’s latest survey of rail companies.
- About National Express: National Express includes: National Express is a leading international public transport operator, with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. More than 800m journeys a year are made worldwide on our services. Our 42,000 employees are committed to improving the quality of life for all through travel.