c2c Reminds Passengers that Train Times Change on Sunday
National Express train operator c2c is reminding all customers that their train times will be changing from Sunday.
A new timetable is being introduced on 13 December to help more passengers travelling the longest distances to get a seat, and to provide better connections to more London stations.
Benefits of the new timetable include:
- 1,400 extra seats on services into Fenchurch Street on each morning peak, and room for 3,000 more passengers on board
- 50% more peak-time services at Chafford Hundred and Ockendon stations each morning, 45% more trains at Basildon station, and 30% more peak trains for passengers at Leigh-on-Sea and Benfleet
- Improved connections with the key transport interchanges of West Ham and Limehouse, providing faster journey times to Canary Wharf, Westminster and the West End
- The fastest peak journey times to Fenchurch Street have been protected, and off-peak journey times are faster
- Direct weekend services to Stratford and Liverpool Street
- Direct Sunday services into London from Purfleet, Rainham and Dagenham Dock stations for the first time, with frequency improved to two trains an hour
- Earlier first trains and later last trains on many routes
c2c staff have been handing out leaflets to passengers at peak times this week to advertise the new train times, along with station and on-board announcements, posters and adverts in the local media.
c2c Managing Director Julian Drury said: “We know these changes will affect everyone’s morning routine by changing their timetable, but more people will be better-off as a result.
“It will take a little time for everyone to try out their new services and decide which suits them best. So please bear with us: we don’t make changes like this often, but we are sure it will bring real benefits to more and more of our customers across the route.”
Full details of the timetable change are available online here.
- For more information please contact Chris Atkinson on 020 7444 1868 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- About c2c: c2c is the award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. c2c is delivering the best performance in the UK rail industry, holding the UK records for annual punctuality (97.5%) and 4-weekly punctuality (98.8%) by a franchised train operator. c2c was named Passenger Operator of the Year at the 2015 National Rail Awards, and as London’s best commuter operator in Which?magazine’s latest survey of rail companies.
- About National Express: National Express is a leading international public transport operator, with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. More than 800m journeys a year