1,000 Passengers take advantage of discounted c2c tickets in just three weeks
Over 1,000 rail passengers have already benefitted from new ticket discounts introduced by train operator c2c, in just three weeks – outstripping all predictions.
c2c introduced two new sets of discounted weekday off-peak fares for passengers to mark the start of its new 15-year franchise in mid-November. The two new tickets offer discounts to those who book ahead, and to older passengers. They’re aimed at encouraging more people to travel outside rush hour when the trains are least crowded.
The new c2c tickets travellers can now benefit from are:
- Super Off-Peak Online tickets: Discounts of up to 40% when bought in advance of travel, saving passengers travelling the longest distances up to £6.90
- Senior Rover tickets: Flat fares of just £9 for travel anywhere on c2c and £5 for journeys outside London for passengers aged 65+ when they travel off-peak, saving up to £8.00
c2c Commercial Director Ruth Harrison-Wood said: “We’re amazed how popular these new discounted fares have been – we never expected 1,000 people would snap them up in just three weeks.
“Our Senior Rover tickets are available on the day, while with the advance fares the best discounts are available if you book 14 days or more ahead. So if you already know what you’re doing for Christmas, our advice is to buy your ticket now and maximise how much you save!”
Full details of the new fares can be found at www.c2c-online.co.uk
- For more information please contact Chris Atkinson on 020 7444 1868 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- About c2c: c2c is the award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. c2c is delivering the best performance in the UK rail industry, holding the UK records for annual punctuality (97.5%) and 4-weekly punctuality (98.8%) by a franchised train operator. c2c was named London’s best commuter operator in Which? magazine’s survey of rail companies.
- About National Express: National Express includes: National Express, the Kings Ferry and Eurolines coaches; National Express West Midlands, National Express Coventry and National Express Dundee bus services; the Midland Metro tram; the c2c rail franchise; extensive Spanish bus and coach services; bus operations in Morocco; and, significant school bus operations in North America. More than 800m journeys a year are made worldwide on our services. Our 42,000 employees are committed to improve the quality of life for all through travel.