We appreciate that sometimes things go wrong, or you are unhappy with the service you have received. We aim to make it simple for you to contact us, and we strive to resolve your concerns quickly and effectively.
Our contact details, including a simple form you can use to make a complaint or enquiry, is available on our website.
In 2020/21, our Customer Relations team received 3,087 complaints, and closed 3,442 complaints (including cases that were initially received the previous year). The team also handled a further 19,775 customer enquiries.
On average, complaints were closed in 6.37 working days. 91.7% of complaints were addressed within our target response time of 20 working days.
These results were a direct result of the Covid-19 pandemic, and the restrictions it imposed on the c2c Customer Relations team. Since the start of July 2020, 100% of complaints have received an initial response within 20 working days, at an average response time of 3.48 days.
The main categories of complaint received in 2020/21 were:
- Ticketing and refunds policy: 1,188 complaints received in 2020/21
- Smartcards: 798 complaints received in 2020/21
- Performance: 268 complaints received in 2020/21
- Online ticket buying: 225 complaints received in 2020/21
- Personal security onboard: 117 complaints received in 2020/21
During the year we made a number of changes to address some of the issues that were most-complained about. This included:
- Creating a new online form, to make it easier for customers to submit their ticket for a refund during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Introducing a new payment system that enables us to make secure direct payments to customers’ bank accounts
- Changing our card acquirer, a key supplier within the banking system, who had been underperforming which led to unacceptable delays for some customers awaiting refunds
- Launching the new c2c Train Travel app, which allows customers to fulfill tickets purchased online onto their Smartcard, using their mobile phone. This has reduced the number of failed ticket transactions
- Publishing FAQs and customer-friendly guides to address common issues