Visiting London? Try a Family Travelcard
All day return family travel to and around London
If you're off for a day trip in London with the family, our Family Travelcard may be your best option. You get 25% off of an adult Travelcard from the station you are travelling from, plus £1 for each child.
Plus, it's available for anytime travel on weekends, as well as off-peak weekdays (off peak means services that arrive into London after 10am Mondays to Fridays).
You can buy the Family Travelcard directly from our station ticket offices. A Family Travelcard is a great option if you're planning on travelling further into London as it includes an off-peak London Travelcard Zones 1-6 too!
Benefits of a Family Travelcard
- Kids for £1
- 25% off Adult fares
- An off-peak London Travelcard for ALL transport in Zones 1 - 6. (This includes almost the entire London Underground system, all scheduled bus services on London's famous red buses, London Overground, almost all other National Rail services, the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) and the London Tramlink system in south London.
- Save 1/3 on London Riverboat services
*Price is based on one adult and one child travelling to London from Purfleet station
Family Travelcard Terms and Conditions
- Currently a c2c Family Travelcard can only be bought at a c2c station ticket office.
- In most cases the Family Travelcard is not available for travel on trains arriving at London Fenchurch Street before 10:00. There are no evening peak restrictions on c2c services.
- The validity of the Family Travelcard ends on completion of the return journey to the originating station. The outward and return journey between the originating station and the Fare Zones area boundary station must be made on c2c services where tickets are specifically routed as such.
- Within the London Fare Zones area Family Travelcards are valid on the day for which the ticket is dated and for any journey that starts before 04:30 on the following day.
- Family Travelcards are valid for unlimited travel:- on National Rail (but not Heathrow Express or on Heathrow Connect between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow), London Underground, Docklands Light Railway and London Tramlink services within Zones 1-6 of the London Area Fare Zones area. - across the London bus network, irrespective of the zones shown on the ticket and including sections outside Greater London, but not on certain special bus services and excursions.
- Family Travelcards are available to groups consisting of one or two adults travelling with between one and four children aged under 16 years. The minimum eligible group must consist of 1 fare paying adult and child. Child flat fares prices apply to children aged 5-15 years inclusive. Where the only child travelling is aged under 5, a child fare must be paid and a ticket held.
- All members of the group must hold a Family Travelcard and must travel together at all times. However, members of the group do not need to be related.
- No further Railcard discounts are available on Family Travelcards.
- Save 1/3 on scheduled Riverboat services by showing your valid Travelcard at the time of travel.