Trenitalia c2c Limited (trading as c2c) ("we" or "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read this policy carefully to understand how we may use any personal information that we collect from you. By visiting www.c2c-online.co.uk ("Website") and/or using the c2c Live App ("App") you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Trenitalia c2c Limited of registered office: 2nd Floor, Cutlers Court, 115 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BR
Other c2c Services
If you are asked to provide personal information when applying for, or using, other c2c services (for example, the c2c Smartcard or the free WiFi services available at c2c Stations) please refer to the sections dealing with those specific c2c Services below.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us.
You may provide information about you to us when you:
- register to use the Website/App;
- purchase tickets from the Website/App;
- subscribe to receive offers and updates in relation to our services;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- report a problem with the Website/App; and/or
- correspond with us by email, telephone, fax, post or otherwise.
This information may include your name, address, profession, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, your date of birth and/or information relating to your journey(ies) using our services.
Information we collect about you.
Each time you visit the Website or use the App we may collect the following information about you:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, information about your mobile device (where applicable), your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How we deal with sensitive personal data you provide: We may need to collect sensitive personal data from you in order to confirm your eligibility for certain schemes (e.g. Priority Seat Badges). Sensitive personal data that you choose to provide will be stored in the same ways and subject to the same protections as other personal data c2c collects. Copies of documents containing sensitive personal data will be destroyed once they have been processed.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may also receive information about you from third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services).
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our contractual obligations to you;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services that we offer;
- to permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services that we feel may interest you (unless you have requested that we do not share your personal information for such purposes);
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to contact you (via email, telephone, fax or post) for market research purposes;
- for customer service and administration purposes;
- to administer the Website and for internal operations;
- to improve the Website/App to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website/App safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose personal information from which you could be identified by our advertisers, but we may provide anonymised aggregate information about our users in order to help advertisers identify their target audience (for example, women aged 18-25). We may also make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable our advertisers to display their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website/App.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy all or any part of our business, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer;
- if Trenitalia c2c Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, enforce our legal rights or protect the rights, property, or safety of Trenitalia c2c Limited, our customers or others.
Where we store your personal information
Your information may be transferred, stored and/or processed outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). For example, it may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers in order to process your payment details and/or to provide other support services. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Website/App. Any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website may contain links to and from third party websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
This section explains how we use the personal information that you supply when applying for and/or using your c2c Smartcard.
Information we may collect from you
When you register for your c2c Smartcard on the Website, you will be required to submit the following personal information:
- name, address, email address, telephone number;
- date of birth; and
In addition, we may collect the following personal information when you use your c2c Smartcard:
- financial and payment card information used to purchase tickets from the Website or from self-service ticket machines; and
- journey information including the location, date and time of journeys made, as collected when you "tap in" and "tap out" at stations using your c2c Smartcards.
When you log-in to your online c2c Smartcard account, we may collect information relating to your use of your account, including the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet and the length and frequency of your visits.
Uses made of this information
We may use such information held about you for the following purposes:
- to validate any journeys made using your c2c Smartcard;
- to calculate whether you are entitled to any compensation for delayed services ("Delay Repay") and to credit your c2c Smartcard online account in respect of any compensation owed;
- to administer, and/or contact you in relation to, your membership of our Loyalty Scheme (if applicable)
- for fraud prevention purposes; and/or
- for the other purposes set out in this Policy in the "Uses made of the information" section.
Free WiFi at c2c stations and on board
This section explains how we use the personal information that you supply when applying for and/or using the free WiFi service which is available at c2c stations.
The free WiFi service is provided on behalf of Trenitalia c2c Limited by our third party service providers.
Information we may collect from you
When you register to use our free WiFi Services you will be required to submit the following personal information:
- email address;
- first name; and
- second name.
In addition, we may collect other personal information relating to your use of the free WiFi service, including:
- information about the device that you use to access the free WiFi Service and how you use it, including the type of device your operating system, your browser, your IP address, the date and time that you accessed the free WiFi Service, your physical location, the websites that you visited, the subject of the ads you click or scroll over.
By registering to use the free WiFi service you consent to us using the personal information for the purposes set out in this Policy in the "Uses made of the information" section.
How we deal with sensitive personal data you provide:
We may need to collect sensitive personal data from you in order to confirm your eligibility for certain schemes (e.g. Priority Seat Badges). Sensitive personal data that you choose to provide will be stored in the same ways and subject to the same protections as other personal data c2c collects. Copies of documents containing sensitive personal data will be destroyed once they have been processed.