Exhibitions & Events, Tours & Guided Walks
Shakespeares Globe Exhibition and Tour
Guided tours daily 09.00-16.30
Step inside this faithful recreation of William Shakespeare’s iconic Globe theatre. Imagine it as it would have been at the centre of London’s notorious Bankside entertainment district.
Throughout the year our expert guides bring this extraordinary open-air theatre to life in a 40 minute guided tour, with colourful stories of the 1599 Globe, the reconstruction process in the 1990s and how the building works today as an imaginative and experimental theatre space. Take a seat ‘within this wooden O’ – listen, absorb and ask questions as the secrets of the Globe unfold.
Enjoy exciting live demonstrations in The Guided Tour Welcome and Demonstration Space at various times throughout the day, which include Elizabethan clothing dressings, stage fighting and printing the plays using a replica 17th century printing press.
• Fascinating introduction to the world-famous Globe Theatre and life in Shakespeare’s London.
• Discover how shows were produced in Shakespeare’s time to how the space is used today.
• The Globe is the first major building erected in central London, since the Great Fire of 1666, to have a thatched roof.
• Open-air theatre with a framework constructed using traditional techniques and held together using 9,500 wooden pegs.
• Enjoy live demonstrations throughout the day in our interpretation and demonstration space.
• 40 minute guided tour
• Guided Tour language sheets available in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and simplified Chinese.
Closed 24 – 26 December.
Tour times vary. Please check website for further details.
Please check website for details.
020 7401 9919
Posted on April 03 2019