If you have been delayed on your journey with us by more than 15 minutes you can claim compensation through our Delay Repay scheme. The amount you receive will depend on the type of ticket you have and the length of time that you were delayed. You can choose to receive compensation in one of four ways:
- Credit/ debit card
- National Rail Travel Voucher
- Cash (by choosing National Rail Travel Voucher and exchanging for cash at a c2c ticket office)
You can see more information on the National Rail Conditions of Travel.
How do I claim?
- Fill out and submit this claim form, telling us about your delayed journey and your ticket details.
- Pick up a Delay Repay form from any of our stations and send the completed form to us at the pre-printed Freepost address.
- Download and print a copy of the Delay Repay form here and return the completed form to c2c Customer Relations, FREEPOST ADM3968, Southend, SS1 1ZS.
You need to make the claim within 28 days of the delay, and include proof of purchase.
You might have a statutory right to receive compensation via the method you paid. Should an acceptable method not be listed then please call 03457 444 422 (option 6).
What proof of purchase do I need?
Single, return or weekly ticket (not on c2c Smartcard) - attach a photo/scan of your ticket
Monthly or longer SeasonTicket (not on c2c Smartcard) - attach a photo/scan of your ticket
Any ticket on a c2c Smartcard - attach a photo/scan of your Smartcard
Oyster/Contactless/PAYG – attach a photo/scan of your TfL journey history printout. This can be printed from a TfL ticket machine if you have an Oyster Card, or from your TfL online account if your card/device is registered.
How do you work out compensation for my ticket?
Find out how we work out Delay Repay compensation for your ticket on our Delay Repay compensation FAQs.
Automatic Delay Repay
Did you know that if you travel using your c2c Smartcard, and you get delayed by more than 2 minutes, you are entitled to Automatic Delay Repay? It's definitely worth switching to a c2c Smartcard for. Make sure you're set up with Automatic Delay Repay today.