Customer Delivery Manager London, Full time 37hrs, Area 1 (Fenchurch St & Limehouse) (Reference 003262)
What you’ll do:
The role of a Customer Delivery Manager is certainly varied and interesting, where two days will rarely be the same. You will be responsible for all retail and customer service activities within the group of stations under your remit, ensuring compliance with all safety and internal control standards, ensuring that the stations operate in an efficient manner and are well maintained – looking professional and presentable at all times. People and relationship management will be a key part of your role as you will manage teams and liaise with external bodies, including interchange partners, landlords/tenants, contractors and user/community groups. Your commitment to delivering incomparable customer services, embedding this as the prevailing culture within your team and leading them to live this culture through every aspect of their work will be the watermark of your quality as a Customer Delivery Manager.
- Be the focal point for train service delivery at the station, specifically during Peak hours and service disruption. Covering an on call element.
- People management – including manpower planning, competence assessment, performance management, training and development, recruitment, employee welfare and ER issues.
- Have or be willing to gain specific technical knowledge relating to impartial retailing, passenger charters, conditions of carriage, ATOC ticketing requirements, travel card requirements and passenger licences;
- Implement station emergency and evacuation arrangements as in line with the Station Impact Officer standard.
- Manage contractor work activity and take appropriate action to maintain a safe and operational station environment.
We can offer support for your career development, so ongoing training and development will be provided where required, but you will need to impress us immediately with your existing ability to deliver the highest standards of customer services and your attention to detail gained from your previous retail roles or hospitality experience.
Working average of 37 hrs 5 days out of 7 with early, late and night turns in the roster. There will also be on-call responsibilities. You will need to be able to travel to all stations within the London area by own means. Area 1 has 2 main stations Fenchurch St and Limehouse, you maybe asked to assist with Area 2 Barking and West Ham.
What it takes:
- Experience of working in such a busy, commercial environment, managing or leading teams is desirable
- A driven and tenacious individual who makes things happen, is passionate about what they do and settles only for achieving at the highest standards.
- Situational Awareness: anticipation of risk, able to work in a time pressured environment
- Conscientiousness: proven customer service skills and th ability to promote a customer focussed culture
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal & communication skills both verbally & in writing, ability to build excellent working relationships with stakeholders & with dispersed teams to maintain confidentiality
- Decision making and influencing: use sound judgment to make informed decisions, creates win-win outcomes by developing relationships (both internal and external)
- Initiative: Proactive self-starter, with ability to work with limited supervision
What we offer:
- Salary £34,145.00
- Final salary pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus all recognised Bank Holidays
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter is necessary as it gives you the chance to explain to us why you’re the best candidate for the job. You do this by highlighting relevant or transferable skills and experience; therefore you should always write your cover letter with the position you’re applying for in mind.
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information provided.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 5th December 2021