MEPF Project Asset Engineer, Full time 2 yr Fixed term Contract, HQ London (Reference 002074)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a person who can work in the capacity of accountable Project Asset Engineer for Electrical Mechanical and Fire systems (MEPF). You will be responsible for all electro-technical disciplines that projects involve. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the MEPF technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. This is a really interesting, challenging and excellent development opportunities for the right individual. The role will be predominating working out on the c2c route.
Key duties include:
- Safety, cost, programme and quality requirements are met in the delivery of c2c maintenance / renewal projects across the MEPF Portfolio
- Identification of competent suppliers, issuing RFQs and evaluation of supplier price returns for safety, quality and cost value
- Compliance with c2c’s financial governance procedures
- Work with the relevant c2c Asset Manager and Project Manager to ensure scope definition and Technical Queries are managed to provide maximum whole life value
- Ensure contractor makes timely and adequate access requests, (track access, AMS 2.6) – review WPPs and site management documentation
- Liaise with c2c station management teams to ensure impact to stations operations are minimised during delivery of works
- Undertake site inspections / audits on electrical safety, quality and efficiency of site work (including out of hours and attendance during possessions)
- Track and forecast contractor costs – report on under / overspend
- Ensure quality paperwork is compiled by contactor, review Entry into Service and Hand back documentation, H&S Files and O&M Manuals in conjunction with Asset Managers and Project Engineer
- Ensure timely upload of information onto c2c’s shared drives. Manage commercial close out.
- Take accountability for and deliver a work bank that bring the c2c LV electrical infrastructure into the 21st century
- Deliver a fully network which has fully monitored fire and electrical systems.
- You will work from the basic requirements laid down in British Standards (7671/5839) to deliver a best in class portfolio
What it takes:
- BSc/BEng degree in Engineering or relevant field or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Proven working experience as a Project Engineer, and a drive to want to do amazing things
- Knowledge of Network Rail standard’s particularly 02009, Forms A/B, 001, 002, 003, and 004
- Knowledge of c2c and Network Rail operations and geography.
- Excellent knowledge of BS 7671 and the electricity at work regulations amongst others.
- PTS AC (Sentinel Sponsorship to be provided by others, i.e. not c2c)
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Working knowledge of the importance of earthing and bonding systems
- Familiarity of the hazards and methods of work when working on or near railway electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of smart interconnected systems would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices, and performance standards
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent safety attitude
- An eye for quality and detail
- Time management and organisation skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Software and Google Suite Software.
- Professional Registration would be an advantage or working towards
What we offer:
- Salary circa £65K – £67K dependant on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of recognised bank holidays)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.
The closing date for this role is 24th January 2021