Business to Business & Partnerships Manager , Full time, HQ London, (Reference 001838)
c2c is a train operator serving South Essex and East London, and one of the most punctual in the country. We are a small but ambitious train company leading the industry with innovations such as Automatic Delay Repay, Flexi-Season smartcard tickets, and the wholesale replacement of our ticket retailing systems.
What you’ll do;
We are recruiting a Business to Business & Partnerships Manager to work within our Commercial team. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing our business and group travel sales through commercial agreements with employers and other organisations on our route, and will partner with local travel and tourism organisations to extend our marketing reach and effectiveness.
You will spend a large part of your time out of the office at client organisations in our area, managing and developing sales agreements and business partnerships. You will work with employers to negotiate and establish travel-to-work schemes to grow commuting into our local centres. You will develop and maintain relationships with local schools, colleges and universities to grow the student travel market, and build the market for school group travel. And you will work with local tourism agencies and attractions to agree and manage joint marketing and sponsorship initiatives to support the growth of c2c’s leisure travel market. You will also spend time at our London head office, overseeing the ordering and fulfilment of B2B ticket sales, identifying prospects for growth, and liaising with colleagues to deliver group travel arrangements.
As the successful candidate you will be energetic and customer focussed, with an appetite for driving sales and adding value. You will be confident with people, able to establish rapport and build positive working relationships. You will have an eye for a business opportunity, be a skilled negotiator and an excellent administrator.
What you’ll need;
- A sales or business development background is important for this role
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills are essential
- Be a flexible, adaptive, and a team player
- Rail industry experience is not essential, knowledge and experience of our local market would be beneficial.
- Education to at least A-level or equivalent is expected
What we offer;
- Salary – £35,000 – £38,000 dependant on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.
The closing date for this role is 24th February 2020