At c2c we strive to provide the highest level of customer service. We use Facebook and Twitter to engage with our customers and provide information and updates on journeys and services. We are also on Instagram @c2c_rail if you’re looking for travel inspiration in London and South Essex. Our Facebook and Twitter social media channels are monitored 24/7.
We have a dedicated social media team who work between 0600 and 2100 from Monday to Friday. Outside of these core hours, including at weekends and on Bank Holidays, our social media accounts are monitored by the team at our control centre. They will still make every effort to respond to you, but during periods of disrupted service, they will be less active on Twitter. In such instances, you are advised to follow @nationalrailenq for live journey information.
Our Twitter is a live feed of operational updates, travel advice, answers to your questions plus the occasional community post. It is important that we manage our feed effectively to provide information to passengers around service. We reserve the right to block any account that impedes this flow of information or quality of information to passengers. The Facebook account gives you the latest offers and events along our line. Instagram is purely for for travel inspiration so if you want advice and operational updates then please contact us through Twitter or Facebook.
While acted upon and responded to, complaints via social media are not officially logged. If you would like to make a formal complaint please contact Customer Relations.
We answer questions and queries via both Facebook and Twitter, but for live updates you should check Twitter. You can also see the Twitter Live Feed as a tab on our Facebook page if you wish to view it there.
- During times of disruption we may not be able to respond to individual messages straight away due to the volume we receive. We focus on sending service updates and replying to time sensitive questions.
- Some questions will require us to consult other departments, if this occurs we will let you know but it will take us longer to reply so please bear with us.
- Sometimes we cannot explain something within the 280 characters Twitter allows. On these occasions we will ask you to direct message (DM) us or ask you to contact Customer Relations.
- We do not discuss private or sensitive information over social media so may ask to take the conversation offline.
- Where we are uncertain about a particular issue, we may link in other third parties who may provide you with more information e.g. the British Transport Police or Network Rail.
- Please do not report crime or antisocial behaviour via social media. Contact the British Transport Police.
We will respond to:
- Clear questions about our current routes/timetable
- General enquiries
- Reports about our trains (cleanliness, heating, noises etc)
We may not respond to:
- Vague/general statements
Repetitive questioning by an individual once original question has been replied to
- No obscene language or language that demonstrates discriminatory, racist, abusive or unlawful behaviour. We reserve the right to block such users as a result.
- No hoax reports relating to your personal safety or the safety of others. We reserve the right to block such users as a result.
- No threatening/aggressive language or behavior towards c2c staff.
- Do not publish pictures of our staff, their names or their contact details on social media. If you would like to make a formal complaint about a member of staff, you can do so via our Customer Relations team. If you share photos of staff you will be asked to take them down. If you do not within 24 hours then we will remove them ourselves.
- No open advocacy of fare evasion. We take fare evasion seriously and will report any person who encourages it.
Warning and blocking accounts
We reserve the right to block any account and if you are found to breach the house rules you will be warned, if it happens a second time you will be blocked from our social media accounts. Accounts which are believed to belong to a person using multiple accounts to reiterate a message will also be blocked.
If an account is blocked or muted we cannot discuss the reasons for this over social media the account holder will need to contact Customer Relations in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org if they would like any further clarity in the decision.
If you are found to breach the house rules you will be warned, if it happens a second time you will be blocked from our social media accounts for a three month period.