Good things come to those who plan ahead. If you book your train tickets online seven days or more in advance you can save up to 40%* on weekday off-peak return tickets. That means you can snap up a return from Southend to London Fenchurch Street and back (or vice versa) for as little as £10.05.
Top Tip: With your savings you could treat yourself to a nice lunch or put it towards your next c2c journey.
Searching for days out ideas?
If you love the idea of the discount, but are lacking in inspiration for a fun day out, never fear! We’ve got plenty of recommendations to keep you ticking over all year round, whether you’re looking for romantic breaks, days out for kids or country walks. Take our Days Out Ideas Generator for a spin to get started, or choose between our two major destinations below.
Days out in London
If you’re a real bargain hunter - pair up this 40% offer with a 2FOR1 voucher for London attractions. There’s over 150 to choose from – and London is filled with all kinds of amazing views and fun sights. Discover more London days out
Days out in Southend
Enjoy a traditional day out by the seaside at Southend-on-Sea. With sandy beaches, the world’s longest pleasure pier, Adventure Island and picturesque beach huts there’s something for everyone at this quintessential resort town. Southend Inspiration.
Terms and Conditions
- Ticket and discount levels are subject to availability.
- The discount is only available through c2c-online.co.uk.
- Discounted tickets will be marked with an * asterisk.
- The discount is only valid for off-peak return weekday travel, excluding Bank Holidays.
- If you are travelling into London this ticket is valid for arrival into London after 10:00. However, there are some exceptions so please check the journey planner or ask at your local station for further details.
- If you are travelling out of London this ticket is valid for travel after 09:30.
- The 40% discount will be available on online purchases up to seven days before travel. This will be followed by a 20% discount rate. You’ll have to pay the full fare if you book two or fewer days in advance.
- This ticket will be valid for travel on c2c services only, and the offer does not permit travel on London Underground or any other operator’s services.
- The 40% offer cannot be used for journeys wholly within the London zones. e.g. it cannot be used for a journey from Upminster to London Fenchurch Street.
- This product cannot be used for trips wholly within Travelcard areas.
- Railcard holders and groups of three to nine adults travelling together can receive a further 34% discount off Off Peak Online tickets.
- Normal refund conditions apply.
- If you wish to change the date of travel, or the origin or destination of their ticket, it may be necessary to buy a new ticket and apply for a refund on your existing ticket.
- A break of journey is allowed, as per existing Anytime & Off Peak tickets.
- All tickets and travel are subject to the National Conditions of Carriage.