Free onboard WiFi and entertainment
As well as free WiFi at stations you can get free WiFi onboard our trains too. Or explore vista - our brand new complimentary onboard entertainment service which comes packed with top TV shows, the latest magazines plus sports and news articles, all free to watch on your own personal device. It's easy to get started today.
Step 1. Connect
Once onboard, connect to our "c2c Free Train WiFi".
Step 2. Register
You'll be prompted to register for WiFi if you haven't.
Step 3. Explore
Follow the vista button to get watching top content.
Step 4. Want more?
Download the vista app for even more shows and features.
This month's highlights
Enjoy a great selection of content from the likes of NOW TV and hayu. Catch up on the latest news and sports, or kick back with a TV comedy, documentary or reality TV show. There's also a stack of virtual editions of the latest magazines to click through. Here are some of our favourite features on this month:
Watch the trailer for Tad the Lost Explorer (in cinemas February 9) and enter our competition for your chance to win a family pass for four to see the film in a central London cinema.
David Attenborough's Kingdom Of Plants
Keeping Up With the Kardashians
Karl Pilkington The Moaning Of Life
- It is totally free
- You can use your own phone, tablet or laptop to view
- It won't use up your c2c WiFi data allowance
- Choose from news and sport, best of TV and popular magazines
- You can see the full vista and WiFi FAQs here
How much free WiFi data allowance do I get onboard?
We combine 3G and 4G mobile network coverage with station wireless internet connections to keep you connected throughout your journey.
Each user is limited to using 25MB of 3G and 4G mobile network data each day. However, whenever a train is at a station, our trains connect to the station WiFi. Only when the train pulls away from the station or is in between stations will the train use 3G and 4G. Therefore our customers can typically expect to experience more than 25MB of data during their journey.
How do I access onboard WiFi?
1. Once you have boarded the train, open WiFi settings on your device
2. Ensuring your device has WiFi switched on “c2c Free Train WiFi” will appear on your available network list
3. Click on “c2c Free Train WiFi” to connect to it
4. You will be automatically directed to a quick registration page within your web browser, if this doesn’t happen, load your web browser and go to media.c2c-online.co.uk
5. If you are not already registered, register your details – it shouldn’t take more than one minute
6. Once you’ve registered and hit continue, you will be connected and can start using WiFi or vista
Why is the internet slow?
To make sure everyone can enjoy a free WiFi connection onboard, we need to have data limits in place for all users. Once you have reached your data limit, your internet speed will start to slow down. Data limits are reset overnight, every night.
Our free WiFi uses several 3G and 4G signals combined with wireless station connections, so the quality of the internet connection will vary depending on where you are along our route and how many people are using the free WiFi at any one time. If you lose your connection, we’re probably just passing through an area with weak signal. If this happens, there’s no need to reconnect - you’ll be connected again automatically once the signal improves.
But you can still access vista at any time while onboard, as content on vista does not use up your c2c WiFi data allowance.
I've lost the vista page in my web browser - how do I get back?
If you lose access to the vista homepage you can re-access by visiting media.c2c-online.co.uk
How do I report a blocked website?
If you encounter a website which has been incorrectly blocked and would like report it you can do so here: c2c-online.co.uk/travelling-with-us/on-board/report-blocked-website.