Kids for £2: Now available on weekends!
We want to make train travel as appealing as possible for you - and we reckon you’ll love our ‘Kids for £2’ train tickets offer. Due to popular demand, the deal will be available on weekends starting from 06 October 2018. During school holidays (Half-Term and Christmas etc) you’ll also be able to make the most of this fantastic offer on weekdays when the kids are off. Oh, and kids aged four and under always go completely free.
If you're travelling into London, our Family Travelcard (also available for weekend use) may be your best ticket option.
Here’s why you’ll love kids for £2:
Purchasing yours is easy
With any valid adult ticket, you can travel with up to four kids, aged between five and 15, on weekday c2c Off-Peak trains during Half-Terms and school holidays (or on weekends year-round) - and for the low price of just £2.* Buy your tickets online today, or at the ticket office.
It’ll save you a packet
You’ll save loads by taking advantage of our Kids for £2 tickets offer, which means you’ll pocket some extra money to splash out on those attractions you’re planning to visit. You can also make the most of our 2FOR1 offers on a host of tourist hotspots; take a look over here. For just £8, you can travel with up to four children by train. So go on; what will your next adventure be?
Planning a trip to London? Try a Family Travelcard
It really is important to us that we keep our prices as competitive as possible - and our Family Travelcards make perfect sense if you’re planning a trip to London. After all, there’s so much to see and do in the capital, why wouldn’t you want to claw back a little extra cash? Grab yours and you’ll enjoy our Kids for £2 tickets and 1/4 off adult fares. On top of that, you’ll also be able to take advantage of a free Zones 1-6 Off-peak London Travelcard, which we’ll happily throw into the mix. Sound good? Click here to get yours.
Christmassy family days out in London and Essex
*Kids for £2 terms and conditions
- From 06 October 2018 up to 4 children (age 5 - 15 inclusive) can travel for £2 each on weekend trains, and weekday off-peak trains during the school holidays. It is not available during term time.
- Here are the school holidays dates we'll be following:
- Autumn half term - 22/10/18 - 26/10/18
- Winter holidays - 20/12/18 - 02/01/19
- Spring half term - 18/02/19 - 22/02/19
- Spring holidays - 08/04/19 - 22/04/19
- Summer half term - 27/05/19 - 31/05/19
- Summer holidays - 25/07/19 - 02/09/19
- Kids for £2 are valid when accompanied by an adult who had purchased a valid ticket. (Up to two children aged 4 and under travel free with a fare paying adult)
- Valid for off-peak, weekday travel
- Valid for travel on c2c services only, this offer does not permit travel on London Underground or any other operators services. A Family Travelcard can sometimes work out cheaper if you need to use any TFL services
- Children using the “Kids for £2” ticket must be accompanied by an adult holding a valid ticket for specified dates
- Kids for £2 offer cannot be used for journeys solely within the London zones. e.g it cannot be used for a journey from Upminster to London Fenchurch Street
- No further Railcard discounts are available.
- This ticket is non-refundable
- This ticket is subject to the National Conditions of Travel