c2c Smartcard Loyalty Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern your membership of the Scheme and how Points are collected and used. When you elect to join the Scheme online through the Site, you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply in addition to the c2c Smartcard Terms and Conditions, which will continue to apply in respect of your use of your c2c Smartcard.
- The Scheme is only intended for personal use. Points cannot be collected for use by a corporate entity or for business purposes.
- The Scheme is managed and promoted by Trenitalia c2c Limited (trading as c2c). Reference to “c2c”, “we” and “us” shall mean Trenitalia c2c Limited (trading as c2c), and reference to “you” shall mean you, the Scheme member.
- The Scheme is valid only for tickets purchased on a c2c Smartcard through the Site. To collect Points for a transaction on the Site you must be logged into your Account. Points cannot be collected for purchases on any other website. The Scheme is not currently available through the c2c mobile app.
- Points allocated through the Scheme are personal to the Account holder. They cannot be transferred to any other person or account. Nor can they be sold, or traded in any way.
- Membership of the Scheme is entirely at our discretion and accordingly we reserve the right to refuse membership at any time.
- Where we reasonably believe, at our sole discretion, that you have in any way misused the Scheme, or that you have otherwise breached these Terms and Conditions or the c2c Smartcard Terms and Conditions (or the terms and conditions of any other c2c product or service), we reserve the right, at any time without notice, to take any action we believe to be appropriate in the circumstances, including withholding Points previously credited to your Account and/or withdrawing your membership of the Scheme.
- Points will not be given for any purchases other than for rail travel on a c2c route unless stated otherwise on the Site at the time of your purchase.
- You will be able to see the number of Points you have earned from a train ticket in your Account. Points will be shown in two fields – pending and available.
- Any Points awarded in respect of a purchase of a ticket via the Site will sit in the pending field in your Account until expiry of the period during which the ticket is eligible to be refunded by c2c (‘Qualification Period’).
- For annual season tickets, the ‘Qualification Period” will expire on the expiry date of the annual season ticket.
- For all other types of ticket, the ‘Qualification Period’ will expire 28 days after the last date you can travel using the relevant ticket.
- Once the applicable Qualification Period has expired, the relevant Points will be moved over into the available field in your account. Points awarded in respect of the purchase of annual season tickets will be awarded quarterly at a rate of 25% each quarter, during the relevant year in which the annual season ticket is valid.
- Once Points have been moved to the available field in your Account, the Points will then be available for redemption against the purchase of eligible c2c rail tickets via the Site.
- At the time that you purchase tickets through the Site, you will be informed whether or not the relevant ticket is eligible for the Scheme and, if it is an eligible ticket, the number of Points required in order to purchase the ticket.
- Loyalty points can only be redeemed on point to point tickets on c2c routes, and excludes any Travelcard add-on.
- We reserve the right to cancel Points awarded if your ticket(s) is/are later refunded or to amend the balance of the Points awarded if you exchange your ticket(s) for a ticket(s) with a lower Points value. Where a refund is made in respect of a ticket, any points associated with that refund will automatically be removed from the pending field in your Account.
- You will be able to view both your pending and available Points in your Account.
- Points may only be redeemed against future purchases. They can never be redeemed in cash or any other financial or other benefit.
- Loyalty points have no expiry date so can be used at any time as long as the Scheme is in operation.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you keep your Account log-in details and password secure and confidential. Should you lose or accidentally disclose your Account log-in details or password, you should contact us immediately. Please make sure your Account details are kept up-to-date and accurate in order to minimise any security risks.
- We reserve the right to vary these Terms and Conditions at any time, at our discretion. We shall notify you of any changes to these Terms and Conditions [on our Website] OR [by email]. Changes to the Terms and Conditions will not affect Points that you have already collected at the date of implementation of the relevant change(s). These Terms and Conditions are valid from 9 November 2015.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or cancel the Scheme, at our discretion, by giving Account holders seven days’ notice [by email]. If the Scheme is cancelled for any reason, your Points will also be cancelled and no cash, or any other financial or other benefit, will be issued in respect of them.
- Your membership of the Scheme will end when your Account or c2c Smartcard account is closed or on the date of our withdrawal or cancellation of the Scheme.
- We shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, in respect of any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses or damages were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of c2c;
loss of business profits, salary, business revenue, goodwill, or anticipated savings;
loss which could have been avoided by you through reasonable conduct; or
obvious errors and omissions in administering the Scheme. In addition, we do not accept any liability whatsoever for any Accounts which have been corrupted due to any actions or omissions of the Account holder.
Subject to the above clause, c2c’s total liability to you in respect of all losses arising under or in connection with the Scheme, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed an amount equal to the value of any Points awarded to you in the twelve month period preceding the relevant event or series of event giving rise to the claim.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit in any way c2c’s liability for:
death or personal injury caused by c2c’s negligence;
fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
any other matter in respect of which we are not permitted to limit or exclude liability as a matter of law.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.