Seats Bonanza on c2c this Bank Holiday Weekend
National Express train operator c2c will be running thousands of seats every hour for a bumper weekend of rail travel.
c2c is running more than 40 extra services over the weekend to help revellers get to and from the We Are FSTVL music event in Upminster, while those travelling to Southend can ease the struggle of finding parking spaces by taking the train instead:
We Are FSTVL:
- A total of 19 additional late-night trains will run from Upminster to London or Southend on Saturday and Sunday, helping crowds get home when the event finishes each day
- 50% more trains will run to Upminster on Sunday, with a train every 10 minutes thanks to additional shuttle services
- Laindon will also benefit from a train every 15 minutes to London on Sunday – double the normal frequency
- Day-trippers to Southend can save the hassle of finding parking by taking the train to the heart of the town centre with c2c instead
- Nearly 3,400 seats will arrive in Southend from London every hour on Saturday, which is the equivalent of 850 family cars. This is more than the total capacity of Southend’s Western Esplanade seafront car park
- On Sunday more than 2,200 seats arrive every hour – equal to 550 family cars. On Bank Holiday Monday it will be nearly 1,700 seats, or over 400 family cars, every hour
To celebrate half-term, from Monday to Friday next week c2c’s “Kids for a Quid” offer returns with £1 fares for up to four children when they travel off-peak with a fare-paying adult.
As a special bonus, c2c has also teamed up with Rossi ice cream in Southend to offer an ice cream with a flake for only £1 when they show their c2c “Kids for a Quid” ticket.
Parents can benefit by buying their tickets online, or downloading the voucher.
c2c Commercial Director Clare McCaffrey said: “We’ve got something for everyone this Bank Holiday weekend, whether they’re partying at We Are FSTVL or heading for a day by the seaside. With our special ticket offers plus discounts on a huge range of attractions in both London and Southend, this is a great chance to leave the car at home and simply hop on the train instead.”
- For more information please contact Chris Atkinson on 020 7444 1868 or at email@example.com
- About c2c: c2c is the award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. c2c is delivering the best performance in the UK rail industry, holding the UK records for annual punctuality (97.5%) and 4-weekly punctuality (98.8%) by a franchised train operator. c2c was named Passenger Operator of the Year at the 2015 National Rail Awards, and as London’s best commuter operator inWhich? magazine’s latest survey of rail companies.
- About National Express: National Express is a leading international public transport operator, with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. More than 867m journeys a year are made worldwide on our services. Our 44,000 employees are committed to improving the quality of life for all through travel.