Senior Rover: Over 65s travel from just £5
They say that you’re only as old as you feel - but being over 65 certainly has its perks, even if you’re not acting your age! If you’re a lively and vibrant over 65 year old, then you’ll know that getting out and about is half the secret.
So, whether you’re keeping up with your social circles, treating your grandkids, or heading into London for a spot of theatre, our Senior Rover ticket means that you can take a warm and comfortable train to your favourite destinations - for less.
Journeys between c2c stations outside London cost people over the age of 65 only £5* and trains to or from c2c London stations costs a thrifty £9*. Plus you can hop on and off all the stops along the route during off-peak, weekday hours, so you can really explore the route.
How do I get started?
Simply head to your local c2c ticket office and ask for a Senior Rover ticket. If you're lucky enough to look under 65, make sure you bring some ID. We accept the following forms of ID:
- Driving License
*See terms and conditions below. Please note a £9 ticket does not include travel on TfL.
Looking for inspiration to explore South Essex and London in comfort and style?
Travel to London
With fast and frequent trains to the capital, a day out in the world’s most visited city is only a speedy c2c train away. No matter how many times you’ve been to London there is always something new to discover, and our 2FOR1 offers on top London attractions mean that a visit to your favourite exhibit could be even cheaper. Read our guide to east London.
Travel to Southend
The Essex Thames Estuary is steeped in History - and it's only an hour away from London. Read our guide to historic Essex.
Visit the countryside
The countryside is closer than you think, and you don’t even need a car. Enjoy a tranquil hike along the Thames Estuary with a designated path that links six c2c stations, or take your bikes on our trains to Hadleigh Park. Don’t forget that with your Senior Rover ticket you can hop on or off as many times as you want. Read our guide to walks along the Thames Estuary.
Need more ideas to inspire a day trip with your loved ones? Then check out our Days Out Ideas generator.
Terms and conditions
- Only valid for customers age 65 years and over.
- Customer required to produce proof of age on request.
- £5 ticket valid for travel between c2c stations excluding London Fenchurch street, Limehouse, West Ham, Barking, Dagenham Dock, Liverpool Street and Stratford.
- £9 ticket valid for travel between all c2c stations.
- Valid Mondays to Fridays only, excluding bank holidays. Travel time restrictions apply. The £5 rover is only valid for use after 0930 and is not valid on any trains traveling within the London Travelcard area (Zones 1-6) between 1600-1859. The £9 rover is only valid for use after 0930.
- Not valid on the services of other train operators or London Underground.