Right Ticket, Right Price commitment
We are committed to ensuring that customers always receive the lowest price for their journeys for tickets purchased through c2c retail channels. If you find that you have paid more money for your ticket, then c2c are willing to refund you twice the difference for your ticket. Terms & Conditions apply, please see below for details.
Right Ticket, Right Price guarantee conditions
Our price guarantee is our commitment to sell you the best ticket for your c2c journey. If you find we could have sold you a cheaper ticket than the one we actually sold to you, we will refund you twice the difference, subject to the following conditions:
1. The origin and destination of your ticket must be on the c2c network. “On the c2c network” includes London zonal destinations Zones 1 to 6.
2. The origin and destination of any alternative cheaper ticket which we could have sold you to complete your journey must be on the c2c network. “On the c2c network” includes London zonal destinations Zones 1 to 6.
3. Claims will only be considered against the fare available on the date of the original ticket purchase.
4. Claims will not be considered for combinations of tickets with different origins and destinations to the journey actually undertaken.
5. The price guarantee excludes promotional offers.
6. It is the customer’s responsibility to demonstrate any Railcard discount entitlement at the time of booking and to have requested this discount be applied. Retrospective claims where Railcard discount entitlement was not demonstrated or requested will not be considered.
7. The original ticket must have been bought from a c2c retail outlet. This includes any ticket office or ticket vending machine operated by c2c, the c2c website, c2c mobile app and c2c telesales only.
8. Once a customer has submitted a claim, no further claim may be made for that specific journey. By “specific journey” we mean a journey where the origin and destination, time period of travel (whether weekday peak, weekday off peak, or weekend) and group composition are common.
9. Proof is required of the ticket purchased and the cheaper fare for which a claim is being made.
10. Claims should be submitted to our Customer Relations Team (Details below)
11. Claims must be made within 28 days of the date of purchase of the ticket
12. Refunds will be paid in the form of a national rail voucher or in cash if requested.
13. It is our intention to compensate customers when, due to our error or omission, we sell a more expensive ticket than is necessary for the journey the customer is making.
14. c2c reserves the right to refuse any claim where we find evidence that the claim is unreasonable in any material respect or has not been made in good faith.
To claim for a refund, please follow these steps:
Please contact us by phone, email or write to the c2c Customer Relation Team- details at bottom of the page. Note that compensation cannot be sought from ticket offices.
We require the following:
- Submit the original ticket (if paper) or submit evidence of the ticket (screenshot or photocopies accepted)
- Submit proof of purchase
- State what ticket you should have been issued.
Our Customers Relation team will check eligibility and then post compensation in the form of a cheque or rail vouchers to the customer.
How to Contact us
c2c Customer Services can be contacted via:
c2c Rail Ltd
Tel: 0345 744 4422 (option 3)
Monday to Friday: 0800-2000
Weekends and bank holiday:0900-1600