Vehicle Repair Team Member, Full time, East Ham Depot, (Reference 003096)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and mechanically minded individual to join and support the c2c Fleet Organisation by providing repairs, modifications, fleet checks and technical assistance in selected tasks principally related to vandalism repair.
- Undertake vandalism repairs as required – Replace Window Film, Painting, Undertake Replacement of Pascomm, Egress and Emergency Equipment covers, Undertake replacement of vehicle interior panels, lighting, seats, etc.
- Undertake ‘Designated Person’ responsibility for applying Depot Protection within East Ham depot.
- Check CCTV and Wifi operations, diagnose faults and repair as necessary.
What is takes:
- Maintenance Experience required
- NVQ Level 2 in Rolling Stock & Traction (or working towards) or
- BTEC Level 2 in Engineering qualification (or working towards)
- Knowledge of rail vehicles and depot safety practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Solution-orientated with an ability to own complex issues and manage them through to completion
- A self-starter able to work within a Team based environment or on your own as required.
- The ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Honest – ability to communicate both good and bad news in a clear and open way
- Engaged – a positive and enthusiastic approach to work commitments
- Focussed – willingness to take personal responsibility for own actions and performance
- Friendly – be warm and approachable to all. Show respect and be inclusive
- Safe – act in a way that is safe for all.
What we offer:
- Salary £21,213.00
- Final salary pension scheme
- 22 days holiday plus all bank /public holidays recognised in England and Wales
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this vacancy use the application form
Your additional information (supporting statement) is a crucial part of your application. It should highlight your skills and experience relative to the specific job and demonstrate how you would be suitable and how you can contribute to the role.
A good statement usually includes:
- An opening paragraph which starts with a good strong opening statement and explains why you have decided to apply
- Middle paragraph detailing your relevant experience, knowledge, skills and interests. Provide examples to highlight your attributes.
- A conclusion which sums up what you have to offer
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information provided in your application.
The closing date for this role is 11th July 2021
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.