Smart Students save a third off season tickets
If you're a full time student in the South Essex area you can save up to a third off c2c travel when you buy a Weekly, term time, Monthly, or Annual Season ticket onto a student c2c Smartcard.
Who can apply for this offer?
Anyone who is a full time student, aged 16 or over, and using a c2c season ticket at the following colleges:
- Barking Abbey School
- Central Training Group
- Coopers' Company & Coborn School
- Harris Academy Chafford Hundred
- Hassenbrook Academy
- Havering Sixth Form College
- King John School
- Ormiston Park Academy
- Palmer’s College
- Robert Clack School
- Seevic College
- Shoeburyness High School
- Southend Adult Community
Available for all full time students and apprentices
- South Essex College
Available for all full time students 16+, part time students (aged 16-19) and apprentices (aged 16-19)
- Southend High School for Boys
- Southend High School for Girls
- Stanford & Corringham Sixth Form College
- St Bernard's High School
- St Thomas More High School
- The Ockendon Academy
- Thorpe Hall School
- University of Essex
- Westcliff High School for Boys
- Westcliff High School for Girls
How do I apply?
It only takes four simple steps to apply for your Student Smartcard:
- To apply for your card click here. Once your application has been approved your Smartcard will be delivered to your college.
- Create an online account using the same email address as your application.
- Once you have your card you will need to purchase tickets through the special web portal to access your discount. Login with your registered email address and the last 8 digits of your c2c Smartcard.
- Now you're ready to buy your tickets. When purchasing tickets for the first time you will need to add your Smartcard to your online account as a delivery method so we know where to send the ticket to, for further details click here.
Want to sign up but your college isn't listed?
If your college isn't listed but is registered with the Department of Education, ask your college to contact our c2c Customer Relations team on 0345 744 4422 or you can email email@example.com yourself to let us know. When you email in, you will be put on a list and we will contact you if your college is added onto the scheme.
Why not try one of our Flexi-Season tickets?
If you don’t travel to college enough to take advantage of the full-time offers, or your college isn't registered, you could try our Flexi-Season tickets to save you money on your train tickets. When you purchase a Flexi-Season you get a bundle of ten tickets to use for up to six months. You’ll save 5%* on anytime returns, and if you travel off-peak you get a further 10% cash back. Flexi-Season is exclusive to the c2c Smartcard and you can purchase it via your c2c online account.
Why get a Smartcard and travel with c2c?
The perks don't stop at savings. If you have a c2c Smartcard and your train is delayed by more than 2 minutes, we will automatically repay you, so you don't have to bother with filling out forms. Also, if you travel with c2c, you can unlock hundreds of 2FOR1 London attraction deals from meals at popular restaurants to top West End theatre shows.
Student discount terms and conditions
- This offer is only available when buying online.
- This offer is only valid on adult tickets.
- This discount applies to all full time students at participating colleges (except where otherwise noted for example where agreements are in place for apprentices and part time students).
- To get the discount you will need an email address linked to the c2cSmart card.
- This offer is only available for travel to the nominated c2c station(s) near your school and from a c2c station.
- This enables Students to get 1/3 off season tickets, including weekly tickets.
- Discounted tickets will be marked with *
- If lost, stolen or damaged you may be charged an admin fee of £20 to replace it
- This ticket is subject to the National Conditions of Carriage
- Smartcard Terms & Conditions apply, visit c2c Smartcard FAQ's for further details
What if I have a question about the scheme?
For queries about the Student Smartcard scheme, please look at our Student FAQs Section
For general details about c2c Smartcards, and their benefits, please look at our c2c Smartcard Section
If you cannot find an answer to your question, please contact our Customer Relations team.
*Terms apply. Flexi-Season tickets are at least 2% cheaper than the equivalent Anytime Day Return ticket from Fenchurch Street to stations outside the London Travelcard area. On all journeys, Flexi-Season tickets are between 4% and 27% cheaper than the equivalent Anytime Day Return ticket, depending on the origin and destination of the ticket and route taken.