Senior CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Executive, Full time 37 hrs, HQ London, (Reference 003060)
Almost two years ago we introduced a new CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system as part of a wider investment in our retail and customer communication capability, and so far have delivered a strong baseline of success through the CRM program that we need to continue to build on. Following the pandemic, at least 70% of c2c’s customers are lapsed. We are looking to recruit a Senior CRM Executive whose role is pivotal to stimulate lapsed users, retain customers and drive frequency of purchase. This will be done by designing and delivering a test and learn strategy to price promotions, aimed at increasing demand, revenue and loyalty to digital channels. Through this you will make a key contribution to achieving challenging business objectives to increase sales and drive retail channel shift.
You will manage the customer life cycle in full, from acquisition through to engagement, increasing frequency of travel, and retaining customers as advocates. Central to achieving this will be your expertise in building CRM campaigns through working with the marketing team to agree copy and imagery and implementing in our CRM system. But just as important is that you bring a creative and insightful approach to the work you do. The successful candidate will demonstrate commercial aptitude to develop our audience segmentation and increase data quality and quantity; strategic thinking to create strategies that improve customer engagement; and analytical ability to deliver customer insight both to the commercial team and the wider business. This role is responsible for our customer data and so you will need to ensure all data is captured and managed in a compliant way.
Work with the Marketing Manager to define and implement c2c’s annual CRM marketing plan to grow prospects, stimulate lapsed users, retain customers, increase frequency of travel, influence channel shift, and grow revenue:
- Leverage existing travel / destination promotions (e.g. 2for1 attractions) and use custom promotion campaigns through CRM to drive leisure travel and in-app purchase
- Deliver an acquisition programme to gain quality customer data using targeted owned digital and in station media.
- Develop the existing welcome and nurture programme, optimising a series of triggered emails designed to drive Smartcard uptake, app downloads and online ticket purchase and loyalty
- Deliver a retention programme targeting lapsed customers with reassurance around safety concerns, encouraging them to switch to and continue to use digital ticketing channels when they resume travel
- Work with the digital team to deliver data integration improvement initiatives to aid marketing flexibility, personalisation, and automation, including Flexi-Season customer notifications and price promotion automation.
- Define & implement processes to ensure full compliance of c2c customer data collection with data protection law, including owning terms & conditions, and opt-in messages
- Write briefs for email campaigns and liaise with the Content & Digital Marketing Manager to agree and deliver copy, creative and audience selection
- Deliver the creative execution of emails in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, including personalisation and dynamic content rules
- Define rules and targeting criteria to build bespoke audiences in Salesforce Marketing Cloud for email campaigns and journeys
- Conduct regular testing to measure performance and identify tactics to increase email campaign performance. Incorporate findings into future activity to achieve continuous improvement
- Deliver condensed and actionable reporting on all activity, analysing performance to inform the development, implementation and delivery of plans to agreed targets
- Produce an ongoing roadmap and milestones for the delivery of e-CRM activity, and manage updates to key internal stakeholders
What it takes:
- Preferably 4+ years of marketing CRM and data management
- Experience in managing successful marketing CRM programmes from complex databases
- Robust working knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Goal orientated individual with a focus on improvement and delivering fast results
- A logical thinker with excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Marketing and business acumen to recognise the role of CRM in the wider marketing mix
- Good at building relationships to work with internal stakeholders and external supplier
- Honest – ability to communicate both good and bad news in a clear and open way
- Engaged – a positive and enthusiastic approach to work commitments
- Focused – willingness to take personal responsibility for own actions and performance
- Friendly – be warm and approachable to all. Show respect and be inclusive
- Safe – act in a way that is safe for all.
What we offer:
- Salary up to £38,000.00 dependant on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 30 days holiday (including all recognised bank holidays in England)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter is necessary as it gives you the chance to explain to us why you’re the best candidate for the job. You do this by highlighting relevant or transferable skills and experience; therefore you should always write your cover letter with the position you’re applying for in mind.
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information provided.
The closing date for this role is 13th April 2020