Revenue Protection Compliance Manager, Full time 37hrs Route based, (Reference 003118)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an engaged and motivating candidate to lead our compliance and CCTV functions in the Revenue Protection team in an formidable but very customer focused environment. Demonstrating a professional and enthusiastic approach to the role, the successful applicant will be accountable for ensuring compliance within our revenue protection department. The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering against our revenue protection strategy whilst maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and customers. You will be able to work both exclusively and as part of a team.
Hours of work : Hours may vary depending on work schedules and on-call duties This position is route based therefore the successful candidate must be able to travel to all stations across our route at various times of the day and evening including weekends.
Key accountabilities include:
- Being accountable for all aspects of standards, compliance, prosecutions, CCTV monitoring and
- Analysis within the revenue protection department.
- Managing the performance of the Revenue Protection and CCTV teams and to guide, motivate and develop them.
- Maintaining a robust approach that meets internal and external requirements and standards, along with brand values.
- Maintaining a compliant and safety aware department.
- Focus on key projects within the department.
- Minimising the loss of revenue due to fraud and ticketless travel.
- Ensuring a good and consistent level of customer service.
- Ensuring the railway byelaws are adhered to by both railway employees and passengers.
- Delivering a Duty of Care to all employees.
- Carrying out all associated administrative duties.
- Carrying out on call duties, including shift work and weekends.
What it takes:
- Proven work experience in a management or supervisory position.
- People management: sets clear expectations, creates energy and momentum, and drives excellence and improvement
- Must hold, or be willing to gain, the same proficiency as staff roles and safety qualifications, including a CCTV Operator license and IOSH within a set time period.
- Able to build relationships at all levels internally, and with external suppliers and stakeholders.
- High level of analytical and organisational ability, including high proficiency with Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in report collation.
- Self-starter, with ability to work with limited supervision
- Diligence with a systematic approach and positive attitude towards rules and procedure
- Problem-solver, provides explanations or alternatives for a situation and anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans to overcome them
- Project management: set and then work towards achievable timescales, communicates updates with the team and wider business, sees projects through to completion and movement into ‘business as usual’.
- Strong IT skills, Proficient with all standard Microsoft / Google Packages such as Word, PowerPoint and particularly Excel
- Be able to produce and effectively deliver bespoke presentations
What we offer;
- Salary – £30K to £35K subject to experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus all bank /public holidays recognised in England
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter is necessary as it gives you the chance to explain to us why you’re the best candidate for the job. You do this by highlighting relevant or transferable skills and experience; therefore you should always write your cover letter with the position you’re applying for in mind.
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information provided in your application.
The closing date for this role is 11th July 2021
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.