Procurement Manager, Full time 37hrs, HQ London, (Reference 003091)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
As Procurement Manager you will have overall responsibility for c2c procurement activity, working with c2c departments to ensure that they follow best practice and deliver best value for the business through procurement activity. You will be responsible for the introduction and ongoing management of a new e-procurement platform and its integration within the business. You will be an integral part of our Supply Chain team where you will hold key responsibilities associated with delivery and success of each procurement, as well as the delivery of wider strategic objectives. We are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to deliver a wide range of procurement activity.
Key accountabilities include:
- Manage timely delivery of procurement activity with c2c procuring departments in a devolved procurement environment
- Build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs and measure savings and value delivered
- Ensure procurement activity is efficiently sequenced by maintaining a forward workplan that ensures appropriate internal and external resources are available to support procurement and business objective delivery
- Run tenders, evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors
- Maximise value for money through procurement activity and improve the businesses overall commercial and financial wellbeing
- Procure implement and manage a new e-procurement solution
What is takes:
The role requires an articulate individual with the ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels internally, and with external suppliers and stakeholders. The individual will also have the following skills, knowledge or experience:
- MCIPS qualified
- Proven success working as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement
- Strong understanding of both public and private sector procurement, including the application of public procurement regulations
- Extensive experience of carrying out procurement activity across a broad range of goods, works and services
- Knowledge of a wide range of contract conditions (standard commercial contracts, consultancy agreements, NDA’s, JCT, NEC etc)
- Sound knowledge of contracts and the legal framework
- Experience on the implementation and management of eprocurement platforms
- Experience of guiding non procurement practitioners through the procurement process to deliver both busines needs and positive commercial outcomes.
- Experience of advising non procurement practitioners on contractual matters both at the procurement stage and during contract life.
- Experience of instructing Legal advice and drafting of both precedent and bespoke agreements
- Strong track record of delivering savings through procurement activity
- Strong IT skills including Word, Excel, Asset management systems and PDF tools
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Good analytical, financial and numeracy skills
What we offer:
- Salary up to £65k dependent on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus all bank /public holidays recognised in England
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter is necessary as it gives you the chance to explain to us why you’re the best candidate for the job. You do this by highlighting relevant or transferable skills and experience; therefore you should always write your cover letter with the position you’re applying for in mind.
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information provided.
The closing date for this role is 25th June 2021
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve