On-time Improvement Manager, Full time 6 month fixed term contract, HQ London (Reference 003159)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
Our Performance Team is critical in ensuring the operation of our train service is the best it can be and identifying where improvements can be made. In the next few years the c2c route will experience further change which will drive the need to develop new timetable and resource plans, including for new stations and rolling stock, and to account for managing growth.
We are looking for a motivated candidate to join the existing team for a 6 month fixed term contract opportunity. Working alongside the Performance Compliance Manager, this role will own and manage how we track performance issues, identify root cause and then embed improvement activity throughout the business. Leading our internal working groups and owing performance improvements from across the business, this role will formalise performance improvement activity and ensure our adherence to the timetable, our promise to the customer, is as close as it can be. As such, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent people and communication skills with the ability to deal with people and problems effectively and with ease at all levels.
This is a stimulating and stretching role, with plenty of opportunity to take the lead in delivering specific elements of the performance realm. It is an opportunity to work closely with our Planning team and understand how we report on our performance and the reasons why. It is a unique opportunity for someone who want’s to understand and influence how performance decisions are made and reported within the business. We will work with the successful applicant to ensure that they gain the exceptional experience this secondment can offer to support their wider career aspirations
What is takes:
- A working knowledge of Performance reporting arrangements and schedule 7.1 compliance
- An understanding of how c2c can migrate to new performance metrics in future Control Periods
- Awareness of how to deploy Bugle attribution across the business
- Situational Awareness: anticipation of risk, able to work in a time pressured environment
- Conscientiousness: Superior attention to detail and accuracy with a systematic approach, meet strict reporting deadlines and deliver a quality service to the business
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing, ability to build excellent working relationships with stakeholders and with dispersed teams
- Decision making and influencing: use sound judgment to make informed decisions, creates win-win outcomes by developing relationships (both internal and external)
- Initiative: Proactive self-starter, with ability to work with limited supervision
- Proactive self-starter, with ability to work with limited supervision
- Able to remain calm yet directive under pressure.
- Able to work to strict procedures
- Computer skills including advanced knowledge and experience of working with Excel
What we offer:
- Salary – up to £34K dependant on experience – pro ratad against the term/period of the FTC
- Final salary pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus all bank /public holidays recognised in England – pro ratad against the term/period of the FTC
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
Your additional information (supporting statement) is a crucial part of your application. It should highlight your skills and experience relative to the specific job and demonstrate how you would be suitable and how you can contribute to this secondment.
A good statement usually includes:
- An opening paragraph which starts with a good strong opening statement and explains why you have chosen to apply for this vacancy
- Middle paragraph detailing your relevant experience, knowledge, skills and interests. Provide examples to highlight your attributes.
- A conclusion which sums up what you have to offer
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information provided in your application.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 19th September 2021
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.