Cancellation to services today (Mon 17 May) and tomorrow AM (Tues 18 May)
Due to a points failure at Pitsea this morning, works will need to take place tonight to repair the fault.
As a result of these urgent engineering works, the following trains will not be able to run this evening (Monday 17 May). These are:
- 16:48 Shoeburyness – Fenchurch Street
- 17:43 Shoeburyness – Fenchurch Street
- 18:14 Shoeburyness – Fenchurch Street
The following four trains will also not be able to run tomorrow morning (Tuesday 18 May). These are:
- 04:06 Thorpe Bay – Fenchurch Street
- 04:35 Thorpe Bay – Fenchurch Street
- 04:15 Shoeburyness – Fenchurch Street
- 05:30 Fenchurch Street – Shoeburyness
Please check your journey before you travel tonight and tomorrow morning. The current timetable can be found here.
If you were delayed today you will be eligible for compensation for each journey. Find out more about the different tiers of compensation we offer based on the length of your delay here.
- c2c smartcard users: If you tapped your Smartcard at both ends of your journey, you will receive automatic compensation. However we recommend you check your online account to ensure our automatic payments reflect the actual delay to your journey, especially if you delayed tapping your card in at the start of the journey. If you feel your delay is not fully reflected, you can use your online account to correct the automatic system. Alternatively you can submit a manual claim on this occasion.
- Paper ticket holders, Oyster and contactless card users: Please fill out your details on this online delay repay form to claim your compensation.