Contracts and Commercial Manager (Assets), Full time 37hrs, HQ London, (Reference 003090)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Contracts and Commercial Manager (Assets) to join the c2c Assets team. As Contracts and Commercial Manager (Assets), you will be the commercial lead on our construction projects and other commercial activity within our Assets team. You will be an integral part of our Assets team where you will hold key responsibilities associated with delivery and success of each contract and project, as well as the delivery of wider strategic objectives. We are looking to recruit a Contracts and Commercial Manager (Assets) to deliver a wide range of construction and development projects across the c2c estate.
Key accountabilities include:
- Maximising value for money of contracts and projects and improve the businesses overall commercial and financial wellbeing
- Acting as commercial lead on projects and contracts
- Managing the delivery of contracts and projects on time and budget
- Pre-tender document preparation, management of tenders, procurement outcome recommendations & contract execution
- Measurement and valuation of work executed
- Managing delivery of contracts to ensure safety, quality, programme, budgetary requirements and timely delivery of wider business objectives
- Contract management: including payments to contractors, maintenance of all contract and contract related documentation including applications for payment, variations etc
What is takes:
- Quantity surveying degree and/or RICS or equivalent
- Experience of delivering minor and major construction projects in a TOC / Rail environment
- Knowledge of a wide range of contract conditions (JCT, NEC, standard commercial contracts) and variants and options thereof (minor works, Professional services D&B/ priced, target, early contractor involvement, lump sum, measurement, cost reimbursable, etc)
- Strong IT skills including Word, Excel, Asset management systems and PDF tools
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong Commercial awareness
- Extensive understanding of the construction industry
What we offer:
- Competitive salary up to £65k dependent on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus all bank /public holidays recognised in England
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter is necessary as it gives you the chance to explain to us why you’re the best candidate for the job. You do this by highlighting relevant or transferable skills and experience; therefore you should always write your cover letter with the position you’re applying for in mind.
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information provided.
The closing date for this role is 25th June 2021
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve