Our Youth Forum represents the interests of young people travelling on the c2c route. Students and young people who use various c2c stations will meet three times a year to discuss travel issues that affect them directly. The forum will give our young customers a free space to share ideas relating to our railway, take part in meetings, develop discussion skills, and build a knowledge of the c2c and wider railway network.
The forum will meet amongst themselves, with members of the Police and c2c Community team (PACT Forum) present, to voice any concerns and have any queries chased up.
The next Youth Forum meeting will be at Benfleet Station House, on Wednesday 20th November at 17:30.
There will be three meetings per academic year. These will take place in November, January/February and April/May.
What are the requirements for joining?
- Membership of the group is open to young people between the ages of 14-19 years. Membership lasts for an initial period of 12 months
- Must currently travel on the c2c network
- Have a keen interest in the operational and community aspect of the railways
- Be mature-minded, prepared to meet, engage in conversation and have a willingness to learn and develop
What are the aims and outcomes?
We want to provide our younger customers with the chance to represent their views on our railway. Their views will be heard, discussed and consulted on. The key focus of this forum will be:
- To discuss the performance and reliability of services travelled on. Are they frequent, on-time, clearly advertised, especially for new commuters?
- To discuss safety, security and behaviour on the network. Do they feel there are staff who can assist if there are difficulties? Do they feel safe travelling to and from stations? Are there security breaches or anti-social behavior issues when they travel?
- To discuss what services and products c2c offer. Is ticketing explained simply enough? What products do c2c offer young people? Are there issues with the ticketing systems?
If you are interested in joining please register your interest via the form below:
Health and safety information
GDPR compliance and safeguarding compliance (including CRB checks) have been completed by our attending staff prior to this meeting for the safety of our rail staff and most importantly the youth members of the forum in attendance on our property.
Anything raised at the meeting will be subject to GDPR and no sensitive information will be disclosed without authority to do so. After the meetings, any issues discussed will be drafted into minutes and a list of queries and actions will come from them.