Head of HR, Full time 37hrs, HQ London, (Reference 003230)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong, hands-on, experienced HR Professional to lead our in-house HR team. Reporting to our HR Director, the Head of HR will manage a team of 4 direct reports and lead the HR strategy across the business providing comprehensive and professional HR support services including employee relations, remuneration, reward and benefits, payroll, recruitment, management development and training programmes. You will also advise on specified areas of human resource management interventions to identify opportunities for enhancing company HR policies, procedures and practices to further the business and support the achievement of company. You will take the lead role in the professional management of employee relations ensuring it contributes to and encourages harmonious working relationships and practices. Consulting and negotiating with Trade Union’s on items contained within all the collective bargaining agreements and providing expert advice on employee relations matters is key within this role. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the provision and maintenance of HR data: compiling periodic Key Performance Indicators; staff budgeting and forecasting; Board and Group Level reporting; and undertaking analysis to communicate insight into HR related matters. Supporting and working alongside our senior management team, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and consistent implementation of the leadership and people strategy for the business.
We are looking for a proactive and positive individual who understands the importance of effective HR systems and processes in a business setting. This is a great opportunity if you want to get stuck in, make positive changes quickly and really make your mark on the culture of an organisation.
Key accountabilities include:
- Responsible for implementing new Human Resources policies and procedures that encourages employee involvement and gains employee commitment towards meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- To manage the service provided for Resourcing, Employee Relations and Diversity and Inclusion
- Responsible for the support to all Business Line Managers in the application of Training & Development, Resourcing, Employment Law, Policies, Procedure Agreements and Trade Union Activities.
- Ensure the correct application of the collective bargaining, discipline and grievance procedural agreements, and thereby maximising cost benefits to the company and avoidance of disputes and unnecessary delays.
- Responsible for ensuring existing and new Human Resources policies and procedures are compliant with existing and future employment legislation and safety case requirements
- Manage the application of the Procedure Agreements and take the lead in ensuring the correct interpretation and application of Human Resource policies, trade union agreements and employment law.
- Support the business with issues such as organisational change, consultation meetings and pay talks as required by the HR Director.
- Support the Investors in People, Investors in Diversity and EFQM standard
What it takes:
- CIPD qualified (level 5 or above) or Degree level in HR.
- HR generalist with at least 5 years experience with strong business acumen and employee relations
- Able to build relationships at all levels internally, and with external suppliers and stakeholders.
- Experience of consulting or negotiating practices within a unionised environment
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategy
- Proven experience of developing and leading a high performing team and the ability to take a commercial approach to HR.
- Proven track record of advancing the Equality Diversity and Inclusion agenda to support the build and ongoing development of a diverse workforce.
- Ability to deal with complex ER issues and major change projects
- Excellent skills in partnering with senior management and aligning HR strategy to with organisational objectives.
- Highly competent in all Microsoft applications.
- Excellent command of English and proven ability to draft clear and concise reports and advice
What we offer;
- Salary – up to £60K depending on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus all bank /public holidays recognised in England
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com
A cover letter is necessary as it gives you the chance to explain to us why you’re the best candidate for the job. You do this by highlighting relevant or transferable skills and experience; therefore you should always write your cover letter with the position you’re applying for in mind.
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information provided in your application.
The closing date for this role is Friday 29th October 2021
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.