(Graduate or Junior) Finance Analyst, Full time 37 hours, HQ London, (Reference 003061)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented and articulate Finance Graduate or an individual working towards a financial qualification to join our Finance team at our Head Office in London. In this role you will support the Senior Finance Analyst in the delivery of a financial analysis service comprising budgets, actual results, forecasts. You will assist in providing financial input to the evaluation and development of business cases and provide a financial analysis and business partnering service to budget holders. We require an individual with integrity, who takes pride in what they do with an honest approach, who will embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions. Key responsibilities inc:
- To act as the first point of contact for allocated budget holders and to assist in the creation of the periodic P&L.
- To support budget holders in the production of budgets and forecasts. Attend budget and forecast review meetings. To support in the production of reports and analysis involving both budgets and forecasts.
- To use numerous Finance systems to carry out and complete the period end closing process in a timely and efficient manner. This includes posting several journals including accruals and prepayments.
- To work with budget holders in identifying and quantifying financial risks and opportunities. This includes providing an evaluation service in the development of business cases.
- To support the production of period results, commentaries for departmental reports, bridges and analysis. To also assist in the production of any ad-hoc reports requested by Finance or Non-Finance staff.
What is takes:
- At least a 2:1 in Economics or Finance (or a similar/related degree)
- Preferably working or about to start working towards a relevant senior professional qualification, ideally CIMA. ACA, ACCA or CIPFA are also acceptable, or able to demonstrate similar relevant experience
- Computer skills including intermediate knowledge and experience of working with Excel and complex accounting systems
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels from Directors to Managers, including non-finance members of staff
- Possess attention to detail skills and able to work independently or as part of a team. The ability to be proactive will also be a key strength within this role
- To be able to work in a time pressured environment, meet strict reporting deadlines and deliver a quality service to the business
- A strong aptitude for learning to continuously develop personally and professionally.
What we offer:
- Salary up to £28K dependant on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter is necessary as it gives you the chance to explain to us why you’re the best candidate for the job. You do this by highlighting relevant or transferable skills and experience; therefore you should always write your cover letter with the position you’re applying for in mind.
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information provided.
The closing date for this role is 3rd May 2021