Digital Content Manager Full time 37hrs, HQ London, (Reference 003170)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street in the heart of the City of London and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
An opportunity has arisen for a talented and creative person to join our Commercial team as our Digital Content Manager. A vital member of our team, you’ll be responsible for writing and curating engaging content for our website which inspires our customers to travel. Thanks to your expertise, our website will be a key communications channel for the business that helps to rebuild our customer numbers, our customer confidence, and our customer revenue.
We are looking for someone who is keen to work with colleagues in the wider communications team, contributing imaginative marketing ideas yourself and helping turn other people’s good ideas into reality. You will set and deliver a web content strategy that delivers engaging and inspiring content tailored to our target market. From identifying and promoting events and attractions along the c2c route for our days out guide, to promoting our new business products and helping provide rail customers with clear information, there is never a dull day working here.
- Establish and deliver a web content strategy that develops c2c’s tone of voice and engages and inspires both current and potential customers
- Work with traditional and social marketing colleagues to deliver the digital elements of c2c’s marketing campaigns (such as PPC) from project management of campaign creation, agency management, through to measurement and analysis of media channels.
- Manage c2c’s Content Management System (currently WordPress) and ensure all internal users have sufficient skills and a proactive approach to maintaining fresh, engaging content
- Implement c2c’s SEO strategy, using Google Analytics and other tools to analyse, refine and optimise the site and the performance of its content
- Lead c2c’s relationship with our SEO and Paid Search agency (currently Atom42)
What is takes:
The role requires an articulate individual with the ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels internally, and with external suppliers and stakeholders.
- Excellent experience of creating and curating online content, both written and visual for marketing campaigns
- Excellent experience utilising WordPress or equivalent Content Management System
- Up-to-date SEO knowledge and experience in content marketing
- Extensive experience with Google Analytics
- A keen visual sense
- Journalism qualification preferred but not essential
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a passion for communications, marketing and creativity
- A real team player who also takes responsibility for delivering projects when working alone
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and work on various projects simultaneously
- Fantastic attention to detail
What we offer:
- Salary – up to £35,000 dependant on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus all bank /public holidays recognised in England
- Hybrid working opportunity
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com
A cover letter is necessary as it gives you the chance to explain to us why you’re the best candidate for the job. You do this by highlighting relevant or transferable skills and experience; therefore you should always write your cover letter with the position you’re applying for in mind.
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information provided.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 17th October 2021
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.