Track Access & Rail Industry Contracts Manager, Full time 37hrs, HQ London, (Reference 001801)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Track Access & Rail Industry Contracts Manager to join the Supply Chain team. This is a key role in our business required to deliver all contractual and commercial elements of our relationship with Network Rail and other key partners within the rail industry. You will also protect and deliver improvements to c2c’s commercial position. We are looking for an articulate individual with a demonstrable ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels internally, and with external suppliers and stakeholders. Key responsibilities inc:
- Lead the management of c2c’s complex contractual relationships with Network Rail and other rail industry partners to maximise c2c’s commercial position.
- Manage contract administration, negotiation, performance, change procedures, competition strategy and dispute processes.
- Monitor and report on the performance of contracts against budget
- Deliver savings, avoided spend and/or additional income benefits for c2c.
- Manage contractual relationships with stakeholders (internal and external) on issues including performance, access conditions, access agreements, invoicing and claims
- attend appropriate industry forums to ensure appropriate communication on relevant matters to the wider c2c business
What is takes:
- A detailed knowledge of railway industry contractual structure for the operation of passenger rail services
- Extensive experience and a proven track record in effective Contract Management and maintenance across multiple areas
- Extensive experience and a proven track record in contract interpretation and analysis to identify weaknesses in existing processes or established norms in relation to contract administration
- Excellent negotiation skills, ability to scrutinise and challenge to deliver measurable improvements from Network Rail and other rail industry partners.
- Excellent numeracy skills, written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Able to provide clear advice to Senior Managers and Directors on specific policies and procedures
- Able to work independently. Self-motivated with strong time management skills
- Strong IT skills required to produce clear reports to monitor key data as well as competency in all Microsoft applications.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary – circa £50k-£60K dependent on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday inclusive of all recognised Bank Holidays
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
c2c is committed to the principles of diversity, and equal opportunity for all as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
The closing date for this role is 20th January 2021