Track Access Manager, Full time, HQ London, (Reference 001801)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
A role has become available as Track Access Manager. You will act as the main commercial interface with Network Rail and the Office of Rail Regulation in respect of the commercial terms in the Track Access Agreements for c2c. You will be expected to develop and maintain an effective working relationship with key stakeholders (internal and external) and identify potential issues which could affect our company. and negotiate a successful conclusion. Key accountabilities include:
- Lead the management of the complex contractual relationship with Network Rail to maximise c2c’s position and enable the delivery of train service plans which achieve c2c’s service vision.
- Manage performance regimes, change procedures, competition strategy, dispute processes, and ORR interface to maximise and protect the interests of c2c and maximise commercial opportunities
- Monitor the regimes financially in respect of budgets
- Compile financial records of payments and including financial recompense awards.
- Delivering savings through efficient contract management and ensure the compliance with terms of each contract.
- Work with Network Rail and other industry partners to develop and enhance the rail network infrastructure
What it takes:
- Detailed technical understanding of Track Access Conditions and commercial acumen relating to rail contracts
- Experienced in effective Contract Management and maintenance
- Good understanding of other Regulatory access frameworks.
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to scrutinise and challenge to deliver measurable improvements from Network Rail and other suppliers.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with other functions and external stakeholders and suppliers, including legal partners when necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide clear advice to senior managers on specific policies and procedures.
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently when required self-motivated with strong time management skills.
- Highly Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (including Excel)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary – dependant on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.
The closing date for this role is 24th February 2020