Planning Apprentice (Apprenticeship), Full time 2 yr FTC, HQ London (Reference 001787)
c2c is a London based train operator and one of the most punctual rail companies in the country. We are a small but ambitious train company leading the industry with innovations such as Automatic Delay Repay, Flexi-Season smartcard tickets, and the wholesale replacement of our ticket retailing systems.
What you’ll do:
We are offering exciting apprentice opportunity to work within our Delivery team. The successful candidate will be based within the Planning & Performance department and will get insight and exposure on how a timetable is constructed.
This role would be responsible for updating spreadsheets which track planning activity, send out documentation to relevant departments, represent the department at tactical meetings, assist in organising group travel arrangements and issuing/tracking printed material to relevant departments. This role would also get the opportunity to interact with other areas of the department and there would be opportunities to shadow other managers within the department.
This is a 2 year apprenticeship offering potentially 4 days onsite and 1 day at College/Study centre per week to undertake both theoretical and practical training. The expectation is to provide increasingly over the period of the apprenticeship, support for the Planning and Timetable team.
What it takes:
- The apprenticeship is open to anyone aged 18 or above. This is to ensure we are compliant with Health & Safety requirements and regulations around shift patterns.
- 4-5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades A-C, including Mathematics, Science and English,
- Ability to apply logic to solve problems
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Hardworking and reliable
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude towards work
- The ability to use initiative for independent work
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Good work ethic
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen to learn
What we offer:
- Year 1 salary £9,850.83, Year 2 salary £ NMW appropriate dependant on age profile
- Final salary pension scheme
- 30 days holiday (25 days plus 8 bank holidays)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.
The closing date for this role is 24th January 2020