On-time Improvement Manager, Full time, HQ London (Reference 001959)
Here at c2c we are so much more than a functional rail service. We are real people and we are proud of the roles we play in the communities we serve. In putting the customer at the heart of our business, we recognise that it is our team who make the difference; it is our employees who will serve our customers with pride. That’s why we recruit talented people who demonstrate trust, respect and understanding to colleagues and customers alike.
What you’ll do:
Our Performance Team is critical in ensuring the operation of our train service is the best it can be and identifying where improvements can be made. In the next few years the c2c route will experience further change which will drive the need to develop new timetable and resource plans, including for new stations and rolling stock, and to account for managing growth.
We are looking for an experienced performance expert to join the existing team to lead performance improvement activity for c2c. Working alongside the Performance Compliance Manager, this role will own and manage how we track performance issues, identify root cause and then embed improvement activity throughout the business.
Leading our internal working groups and owing performance improvements from across the business, this role will formalise performance improvement activity and ensure our adherence to the timetable, our promise to the customer, is as close as it can be. As such, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent people and communication skills with the ability to deal with people and problems effectively and with ease at all levels.
What is takes:
- A working knowledge of Performance reporting arrangements and schedule 7.1 compliance
- An understanding of how c2c can migrate to new performance metrics in future Control Periods
- Awareness of how to deploy Bugle attribution across the business
- Situational Awareness: anticipation of risk, able to work in a time pressured environment
- Conscientiousness: Superior attention to detail and accuracy with a systematic approach, meet strict reporting deadlines and deliver a quality service to the business
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing, ability to build excellent working relationships with stakeholders and with dispersed teams
- Decision making and influencing: use sound judgment to make informed decisions, creates win-win outcomes by developing relationships (both internal and external)
- Initiative: Proactive self-starter, with ability to work with limited supervision
- Proactive self-starter, with ability to work with limited supervision
- Able to remain calm yet directive under pressure.
- Able to work to strict procedures
- Computer skills including advanced knowledge and experience of working with Excel
What we offer:
- Salary up to £34K – dependant on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.
The closing date for this role is 31st July 2020