HR Graduate, Full time, HQ London, (Reference 001641)
Here at c2c we are so much more than a functional rail service. We are real people and we are proud of the roles we play in the communities we serve. Our station team is committed to the provision of a safe and enjoyable journey for all of our customers is paramount. We are looking for friendly, patient and quick-thinking individuals who are looking to join a committed and diverse workforce.
What you’ll do:
This is a great opportunity for a recent HR Graduate looking for the chance to gain a strong start to their HR/ER career within a thriving, fast-paced business. You will provide an efficient, contact for our management staff when dealing with employee relations matters. You will also be responsible for ensuring that all HR queries and correspondence is handled efficiently. This role will be truly integrated with the HR team as well as the management teams. It can be a busy and demanding role and you will need to be highly organised, methodical and flexible to change.
Key accountabilities inc:
- To act as a point of contact for our management staff when dealing with employee relations matters and provide dedicated support for managers with local ER issues.
- Provide first-line case management of absence, disciplinaries and grievances. Track the cases to ensure these are being completed efficiently and effectively.
- Provide HR advice and guidance on investigation matters, ensure that these have been completed robustly.
- Advise and train managers in HR policies and procedures ensuring that advice given is legally compliant
- Assist with the delivery of the Health and Wellbeing Strategy ensuring communication of the activities throughout the business.
- Provide advice and guidance on terms and conditions of employment
What it takes:
- A degree in HR or Business management (2:1) preferably with a CIPD qualification
- A credible, engaging and driven individual.
- You proactively look to transform, adapt and improve things around you.
- A natural problem solver and do’er
- You want to exceed expectations
- Change isn’t a scary word for you.
- You thrive on new challenges, new people and pick things up quickly and effectively.
- People are your focus and you roll your sleeves up when a team needs to come together.
- Strong computer literacy – Google/Excel/Word/PowerPoint
What we offer:
- Salary up to £26,000
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.
The safety and well-being of our colleagues and potential candidates is our top priority and we understand the impact that Covid-19 is having across the globe especially within the job market. We will still be reviewing applications and providing updates as soon as we can. This may mean a delay in you receiving a response, we ask that you remain patient with us during these unprecedented times.
The closing date for this role is 29th April 2020