Financial Accountant, Full time, HQ London (Reference 001835)
Here at c2c we are so much more than a functional rail service. We are real people and we are proud of the roles we play in the communities we serve. In putting the customer at the heart of our business, we recognise that it is our team who make the difference; it is our employees who will serve our customers with pride. That’s why we recruit talented people who demonstrate trust, respect and understanding to colleagues and customers alike.
What you’ll do:
A role has become available for a motivated and ambitious Financial Accountant to assist our senior managers and accounting officials in maintaining, reporting and managing the company’s finances. Key duties include managing the balance sheet day forecast and periodic reporting, acting as the external audit lead and overseeing all group level reporting. The role also includes management of the accounts payable function with one direct report. You will be confident with working with high volumes of complex data sets. Good all round IT skills are required to manage the in house finance accounting system. Attributes such as sensitivity, integrity and yet assertive at the same time would be beneficial to the role. A self-starter with a willingness to work outside of the scope of the role where required will excel within the c2c finance team.
- To ensure that financial reconciliations are carried out on a timely basis and to set and monitor budgets/forecasts for the balance sheet accounts and cashflow and deliver all aspects of financial accounting.
- Ensure variance analysis is provided for the balance sheet and cashflows against budget and forecast, both for the period and year to date.
- To become an expert in all aspects of the business accounting, building up a strong relationship with the route.
- Completion of statutory accounts and tax packs on a timely basis.
What is takes:
- A qualified accountant or qualified by experience, with knowledge in dealing with all aspects of Financial Statutory requirements.
- An understanding of statutory accounting rules and UK tax legislation, including rules around VAT and corporations tax.
- Strong communications skills focusing on balancing listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others informed
- Confident decision maker, using sound judgment to make informed decisions, creates win-win outcomes by developing relationships (both internal and external)
- Proactive self-starter, with ability to work with limited supervision
- Able to remain calm yet directive under pressure.
- Able to work to strict procedures
- Computer skills including advanced knowledge and experience of working with Excel and complex accounting systems.
What we offer:
- Salary up to £55K – dependant on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.
The closing date for this role is 31st July 2020