Digital Business Analyst x 2 ( 1x 1 yr FTC and 1 x Maternity cover), HQ London Full time, (Reference 001882 & 001887)
c2c is a London based train operator and one of the most punctual in the country. We are a small but ambitious train company leading the industry with innovations such as Automatic Delay Repay, Flexi-Season smartcard tickets, and the wholesale replacement of our ticket retailing systems.
What you’ll do;
We have 2 opportunities available – 1 x 1 year fixed term contract and 1 x Maternity cover.
As a Digital Business Analyst you will have outstanding business analysis capabilities, experience and a hands-on, positive attitude. You will have the ability to quickly understand and translate business needs into requirements, and articulate these needs clearly to suppliers, UX/UI, Tech and Test teams. You will have particular interest and experience in executing business analysis for mobile app and e-commerce solutions, as you will perform a critical role in the delivery of a major retail transformation programme – covering the breadth and depth of the project lifecycle. You will also have experience in software testing processes, including the creation and execution of test scripts and successful delivery of UAT for Digital solutions.
You will be comfortable working as a member of the programme team, but capable of managing your own workload and defining your tasks, while delivering quality output. Key Accountabilities inc
- Manage the functional and non-functional requirements process; elicit, analyse, control and articulate the requirements. This may include taking on and running an existing project backlog or starting a project from scratch.
- Create/maintain relevant documentation, this may include: use cases, requirements specification/catalogue; process models (as-is/to-be); user stories, test cases
- Help to identify and confirm business objectives to help prioritise the requirements and manage business expectations around scope and business value
- Feed into the estimation process and help define the tasks and activities for business analysis
- Gather information to help analyse options and recommendations to help formulate a fit-for-purpose solution
- Identify, and/or work with Test Analysts to define, acceptance criteria appropriate to the business needs and objectives
- Working closely with the IT and development teams to investigate and make decisions on service design including data specification, external systems integration and connections, and infrastructure requirements and implications
What it takes;
- A proven track record and solid examples of practical experience in business analysis tools and techniques
- Proven and recent experience in delivery of mobile apps and web solutions, involving e-commerce
- Comfortable working closely with suppliers to deliver the software solutions, including articulating requirements and defining and prioritising solutions alongside them
- Have cross-functional experience working with other disciplines (namely UX/UI, Tech, Test), possibly within waterfall or Agile environment and can adapt accordingly when required
- Know how to implement end-user feedback following testing, and experience in utilising customer journey mapping and personas to ensure a user-centric approach
- Able to analyse and critique wireframes, process flow diagrams and designs to ensure requirements have been met and deliver a user experience that will meet end-user needs
- Experience in Transport / Travel and Retail industry would be a significant bonus
- Creative thinker with the ability to motivate and organise self with good project management, and team building skills.
- Situational Awareness: analyses information from a range of sources in order to make effective decisions; weighs up risks and challenges; applies critical thinking; is outcomes focussed and measures impact.
- Communication: strong communication skills both verbally and in writing flexes to suit different audiences, builds rapport and is open and approachable, holding people accountable
- Decision making and influencing: use sound judgment to make informed decisions, creates win-win outcomes by developing relationships (both internal and external)
- Plans and prioritises: Works efficiently and plans ahead; prioritises effectively and is able to balance urgent and important activity.
- People management: setting clear expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback and guidance. Maintains motivation creates energy and momentum; and drives excellence and improvement.
What we offer;
- Salary – up to £50,000 dependant on experience (duration of Fixed term contract)
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.
The closing date for this role is 9th April 2020