Asset Information Manager, Full time, HQ London, (Reference 001616)
c2c is one of the most punctual rail companies in the country, and we’re leading the industry with innovations such as Automatic Delay Repay and Flexi-Season tickets. We are what we repeatedly do; excellence then, is not an act, but a habit. Is this you? Are you a motivated and dynamic individual looking to join a committed and diverse workforce? If yes, we would like to hear from you.
Dedication to excellence is essential in all of the work we do and we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated full-time Asset Information Manager to join our Property and Asset Management team to manage Asset Information requirements necessary to support and maintain an effective asset management service across all asset disciplines. The post holder will lead development and implementation of the Asset Information Management Strategy and oversee the management of information within the organisation to;
- Ensure systems and processes developed and maintained are in compliance with industry best practice and ISO 55001
- Develop and manage the Asset Management Systems (AMS) information systems to support complex business processes
- Ensure that the Asset Information needs of the organisation are met in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
- Develop the asset management team’s knowledge of the AMS
Everyone who works for c2c would be able to bring some brilliant and unique industry and company knowledge to their role – you will need to have operational experience within an Asset Management function of an organisation with responsibility for devising asset data and information requirements which support key business decisions. A thorough working knowledge of asset management and systems with practical experience of all stages of the asset lifecycle is a must. Your high attention to detail with the ability to prepare succinct and accurate reports is amplified because of your excellent people, communication, numerical and analytical skills. You are a self starter with the ability to prioritise workloads, take ownership and work independently or collaboratively as part of a team who is proficient with all standard Microsoft / Google Packages such as Word, PowerPoint and particularly Excel.
- Manage asset data within Trenitalia c2c’s asset database and asset management systems
Manage asset condition data in line with franchise requirements, reporting Station Stewardship Measure and Asset Remaining Life annually to Dft
- Interface with discipline Asset Managers to ensure asset data accuracy and validity
- Interface with contractors and consultants as necessary to provide asset data on behalf of Trenitalia c2c and ensure updated asset information from maintenance and project works is captured within the asset database
- Periodically audit asset data records. Monitor asset condition trends and audit condition surveys. Work with discipline Asset Managers to ensure all mandatory inspection and maintenance work tasks are captured within the Asset Management system, identifying non compliances
- Management and Development of the Asset Management System (AMS). Undertake audits of the AMS to report on asset data integrity, engagement, adherence to processes in line with annual ISO 55001 surveillance audit findings and close out of any non conformities and observations identified
- Lead in preparation of the annual IAMP submission to Dft and other periodic reporting on Trenitalia c2c’s asset portfolio
- Manage Asset Data Specifications and liaise with c2c’s Asset database service provider. This will include roll out of a new Asset Management database in 2019.
- Disseminate asset information in a way that is accessible, manageable and which supports the work of internal and external stakeholders
- Preparation and development of system reporting to facilitate the requirements of the asset management team, the wider business, Trenitalia c2c and other stakeholders. Attend meetings on behalf of the Asset team as required.
- Maintenance of financial records for all Capital Projects including Purchase Orders, payments and invoice reconciliation and approval
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications Required:
- Asset Management database experience essential
- Rail Industry experience beneficial
Asset Management qualification preferable along with knowledge of ISO 55001
- Good Numerical and analytical skills
- Proficient with all standard Microsoft Paackges such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Experience of using an asset database or similar database software
- Knowledge of CAD, MS Project and other industry software
- Conscientiousness: Superior attention to detail and accuracy with a systematic approach, meet strict reporting deadlines and deliver a quality service to the business
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing, ability to build excellent working relationships with stakeholders and with dispersed teams
- Decision making and influencing: use sound judgment to make informed decisions, creates win-win outcomes by developing relationships (both internal and external)
- Initiative: Proactive self-starter, with ability to work with limited supervision
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer additional benefits such as; membership of the c2c pension scheme, free travel on c2c and discounted travel on National Rail services (rules of the scheme apply). In addition we offer childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and you will have access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
Please note: your additional information (supporting statement) is a crucial part of your application, ensure that you are able to meet all the essential requirements of the job and as far as possible, as many of the desirable requirements as you can. Think about how you will evidence your ability to meet the requirements. By providing evidence of what you have done or achieved, you are showing that you can apply your skills in real life situations
This is an opportunity for you if you want to be able to make your mark in contributing to the effective operational performance of our stations whilst providing exceptional customer services where safety, the customer, the community and our people are at the very heart of the business.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.
The closing date for this role is 30th April 2019