Amended Timetable Manager, Full time 37 hrs, HQ London (Reference 002072)
c2c is a train operator serving South Essex and East London, and one of the most punctual in the country. We are a small but ambitious train company leading the industry with innovations such as Automatic Delay Repay, Flexi-Season smartcard tickets, and the wholesale replacement of our ticket retailing systems.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking an experienced capable individual in all aspects of the short-term train planning process who is able to deliver high quality outputs within a highly pressurised environment. It’s very technical, dealing with timetable plans but it’s really interesting, challenging and offers excellent development opportunities. Key duties include:
- On a weekly basis, prepare STP timetables and rolling stock diagrams, STN (Special Traffic Notice) and all other STP deliverables
- Ensuring the data bid to Network Rail is accurate in downstream systems.
- Collaborate with Network Rail to ensure that engineering access plans are in line with business needs
- Engage with the Track Access Manager to ensure c2c’s interests are represented when managing Network Change, and to ensure the accuracy of Schedule 4 and Schedule 8 submissions.
- Liaising with our Delivery, Engineering and Commercial functions to ensure a full awareness of forthcoming short-term train and resource plan changes
- Engage with external suppliers to ensure rail replacement services are specified and delivered according to the needs of our customers.
What it takes:
- Experience in Train Planning Systems and Databases e.g. VoyagerPlan, TRACSIS, ATTUNE
- Knowledge of c2c and Network Rail operations and geography.
- Problem-solving : provides explanations or alternatives for a situation and anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans to overcome them.
- Situational Awareness: anticipation of risk, attention to detail, adapt quickly to changes and to deliver what is expected
- Conscientiousness: systematic approach, positive attitude towards rules and procedure
- Communication: strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Initiative: taking ownership of your work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through.
- Strong computer literacy – Google/Excel/Word/PowerPoint
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your expected salary within your cover letter.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.
The closing date for this role is 6th December 2020