Business to Business & Partnerships Manager, Full time HQ London, (Reference 003174)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customers’ needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Business to Business & Partnerships Manager to join the Commercial team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the recovery and growth of c2c’s B2B and group travel sales, for partnering with local travel and tourism organisations to extend our marketing reach, and for working with regional stakeholders to support the growth of rail travel in the region.
You will spend a large part of your time with client organisations in our area, managing and developing sales agreements and business partnerships. You will work with colleagues in c2c’s Commercial team to identify business opportunities, and liaise cross-functionally to deliver them.
Key responsibilities include:sales
- Working with employers to negotiate and establish travel-to-work and business travel schemes to grow travel by train into our local centres
- Developing and maintaining relationships and commercial agreements with local schools, colleges and universities to grow the student travel market
- Working with local tourism agencies and attractions to agree and manage joint marketing partnership and sponsorship initiatives to support growth in c2c’s leisure travel market
- Overseeing the ordering and fulfilment of B2B ticket sales, and liaising with colleagues to deliver travel arrangements for groups
- Developing ancillary revenue opportunities and working cross functionally to deliver them
- Being active in the local business and economic development community to build reputation, and identify prospects for growth and inward investment.
What is takes:
The role requires an individual who is:
- Articulate, confident with people, and able to build relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Energetic, resilient, and flexible
- Customer focussed, with an appetite for driving sales and adding value
- Skilled at negotiation, and an excellent administrator
- Able to spot and deliver business opportunities, and become an ambassador for the company.
A sales or business development background is important for this role, and education to at least A-level or equivalent is expected. Strong business acumen is essential, and you will be expected to be flexible, adaptive, and a team player. Whilst rail industry experience is not essential, knowledge and experience of our local market would be beneficial.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary range £35,000.00 -£40,000.00 dependant on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus all bank /public holidays recognised in England
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter is necessary as it gives you the chance to explain to us why you’re the best candidate for the job. You do this by highlighting relevant or transferable skills and experience; therefore you should always write your cover letter with the position you’re applying for in mind.
Shortlisting will be carried out on the basis of the information provided.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 19th September 2021
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.