Business Improvement Manager, Full time 37hrs, HQ London, (Reference 003163)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
We are currently looking for a Business Improvement Manager to guide and support c2c’s Business Excellence programme, support teams across the business to drive improved business results, and embed a culture of continuous improvement. Proven experience in a similar role dealing with the whole business improvement framework including: documenting current and to be processes, identifying process risks and required controls, identifying training needs, identifying impact on other initiatives IIP,EFQM and ISO, and identification of effective process measurements is key.
- Establish a programme to achieve EFQM R4E reaccreditation.
- Embed industry-led continuous improvement frameworks (at least performance and safety maturity models).
- Champion lean leadership behaviours across the Executive board and beyond.
- Align ways of working across the business to deliver the annual business plan, KSOs and associated targets.
- Work with the Exec to develop the strategic plan and the annual business plan, themselves setting out a plan for supporting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Apply lean methodologies, particularly along end-to-end business processes in order to streamline workflows and improve agility.
- Help internal teams (and in some cases working with their delivery partners such as Network Rail) solve problems by equipping them with new tools and techniques. Where appropriate, coordinate with the newly formed team set up to focus on enabling data-driven outcomes.
What is takes:
- Proven ability to support a business in the implementation of change.
- Experience of disrupting status quos and bringing about change through constructive challenge and fresh thinking.
- Sound understanding of business improvement techniques for example Lean, Six Sigma, Prince 2 and process mapping.
- Experience of coaching individuals and teams is essential, particularly in diagnosis and getting to the root cause of problems.
- Excellent communication skills both oral, written and ability to create communications plans
- Ability to and deal effectively with complex and ambiguous situations.
- A self-starter with the ability to work within a Team based environment or on your own as required.
What we offer:
- Salary up to £60K dependant on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus all bank /public holidays recognised in England
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this post email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com
A cover letter is necessary as it gives you the chance to explain to us why you’re the best candidate for the job. You do this by highlighting relevant or transferable skills and experience; therefore you should always write your cover letter with the position you’re applying for in mind.
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information provided.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 19th September 2021
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve