26 November 2014
Christmas shoppers get direct c2c trains to Stratford
National Express train operator c2c is providing over 80,000 seats direct to Stratford and Liverpool Street over the coming weekends to help Christmas shoppers.
c2c will run two trains an hour on both Saturdays and Sundays that divert to Liverpool Street instead of Fenchurch Street. These will provide direct access to the Westfield Stratford City shopping centre plus easy access to London's West End. This is in addition to the two trains an hour that run to Chafford Hundred, for the Lakeside shopping centre, as part of c2c's existing service.
The diverted services will run on the following dates and times:
- Saturdays: Every Saturday until Christmas, calling at Stratford between 9am and 8pm, with 23 services in each direction
- Sundays: On 30th November and 7th and 14th December, calling at Stratford between 10am and 7pm, with 18 services in each direction
These trains will run to and from Shoeburyness via Laindon, meaning passengers from Southend, Benfleet and Basildon will all benefit from the direct service. Each train will be eight carriages long, with over 550 seats available.
c2c Managing Director Julian Drury said: "We know how popular both Stratford and Liverpool Street are as destinations for our weekend passengers. We think these direct services will prove a real hit, and hopefully they'll help take some of the stress out of doing the Christmas shopping."
c2c has also proposed permanently diverting two trains an hour to Liverpool Street at weekends from December 2015, as part of the plans for a new c2c timetable.
- For more information please contact Chris Atkinson on 020 7444 1868 or at email@example.com
- About c2c: c2c is the award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. c2c is delivering the best performance in the UK rail industry, holding the UK records for annual punctuality (97.5%) and 4-weekly punctuality (98.8%) by a franchised train operator. c2c was named London’s best commuter operator in Which? magazine’s survey of rail companies.
- About National Express: National Express includes: National Express, the Kings Ferry and Eurolines coaches; National Express West Midlands, National Express Coventry and National Express Dundee bus services; the Midland Metro tram; the c2c rail franchise; extensive Spanish bus and coach services; bus operations in Morocco; and, significant school bus operations in North America. More than 800m journeys a year are made worldwide on our services. Our 42,000 employees are committed to improve the quality of life for all through travel.