100 Days of Benefits for Passengers from New c2c Franchise
Local rail passengers have benefited hundreds of thousands of times from the new improvements launched by National Express train operator c2c in the first 100 days of the company’s new rail franchise.
To mark the start of the new franchise on Sunday 9 November, c2c introduced a host of new features including free wifi at stations, new smartcards, and discounted tickets.
In the 100 days since these products went live, passenger highlights include:
- More than 350,000 journeys have been made by passengers on the new c2c Smartcard
- c2c's new free station wifi has been used 160,000 times
- Over 5,000 people have saved money by taking advantage of new discounts of up to 50% on advance fares, and big discounts for seniors and students
- 15,000 passengers have downloaded the new c2c Live app for free
- On 15 different days, every single c2c train arrived on time that day – more than any other train operator. This included the very first day of the new franchise
c2c Managing Director Julian Drury said: “Customers have seen huge changes in the first 100 days of the new c2c franchise, and we’re amazed with how popular some of the new improvements have been. We’ve got many more plans in place to improve the service we offer, so we can provide passengers with a high-quality and punctual journey from start to finish.”
- For more information please contact Chris Atkinson on 020 7444 1868 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- About c2c: c2c is the award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. c2c is delivering the best performance in the UK rail industry, holding the UK records for annual punctuality (97.5%) and 4-weekly punctuality (98.8%) by a franchised train operator. c2c was named London’s best commuter operator in Which? magazine’s survey of rail companies.
- About National Express: National Express includes: National Express, the Kings Ferry and Eurolines coaches; National Express West Midlands, National Express Coventry and National Express Dundee bus services; the Midland Metro tram; the c2c rail franchise; extensive Spanish bus and coach services; bus operations in Morocco; and, significant school bus operations in North America. More than 800m journeys a year are made worldwide on our services. Our 42,000 employees are committed to improve the quality of life for all through travel.